ThreadVIIper

Associate
Not really a log, but here's my completed build. This is a refresh of a previous build. I replaced the 980ti with a Radeon VII, upgraded the RAM and tidied up the tubing which I wasn't particularly happy with before.

I was going for a few different things here.

1, I dislike cases where there is excessive wasted space, e.g. 6" between the motherboard and front radiator, it just looks too separated so the entire build is fairly snug.

2, wanted a minimalist watercooling look with as few tubes and fittings visible as possible. Cases with tubes everywhere look way too busy to me, I managed to get just three tubes visible with a single bend in each one.

3, the rear radiator is there to hide the rear IO cables. With it sat on my desk side on, you cannot see the cables coming out the back.

These tubes route under the case (see later photos, there's a plastic base that these sit inside)

The fluid routs under the case, back up and then around the PSU. There wasn't room inside the shroud so down and back up it was...

It then routes to the top radiator along the rear side of the case behind the motherboard tray

In and out, in and out... second tube goes out the back of the case into a rear radiator

Slightly messy behind the scenes but the finished build looks clean as only three tubes are visible.

Rear radiator so that the PC can sit side-on on my desk and none of the messy I/O or power cables are visible.

Back
Top Bottom