Three contract questions.

Soldato
Right not sure if anyone here is pro-three or likes them but im running out of ideas of places to look for answers.
Last year i took a contract with Three on the One Plan 24month i think, anyways its £50 a month currently, now when i agreed back then i took it upon the condition i could change the tarrif to a lower one half way through the term, BUT they appear to have changed the terms in december and are not not allowing anyone to change the tarrif.
Now im slightly ****ed at this, 1, new customers can get the one plan for 30ish a month, where as im on it and paying 20 quid more and 2, they are the most unhelpful people ive come across.

Is there anything i can do, short of ending the contract early, which at 50quid a month works out pretty expensive. In theory they should reduce my current tarrif amount to the current one shouldnt they?

Soldato
Right not sure if anyone here is pro-three or likes them but im running out of ideas of places to look for answers.
Last year i took a contract with Three on the One Plan 24month i think, anyways its £50 a month currently, now when i agreed back then i took it upon the condition i could change the tarrif to a lower one half way through the term, BUT they appear to have changed the terms in december and are not not allowing anyone to change the tarrif.
Now im slightly ****ed at this, 1, new customers can get the one plan for 30ish a month, where as im on it and paying 20 quid more and 2, they are the most unhelpful people ive come across.

Is there anything i can do, short of ending the contract early, which at 50quid a month works out pretty expensive. In theory they should reduce my current tarrif amount to the current one shouldnt they?

Nope you signed a contract saying you'll be paying £50 a month for x amount of months & somewhere written in that contract will be a clause for the networks to be able to change things at will, I've never known networks to allow you to change tarrifs in your first agreed contracts only under extreme circumstances?

I don't like to stick up for networks but you agreed to the contract so you should honour it.

In my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Associate
Vodafone have a clause in their contracts which allows cancellation in the event that a contractual change would cost the user an unreasonable amount over what they expected. I think it was expressed as a percentage. Read through your contract and look for anything similar.

Soldato
I've been with Three for several years and I'll probably never leave them. They're perfect for me.

now when i agreed back then i took it upon the condition i could change the tarrif to a lower one half way through the term

Hmm. That's not standard practice, however if a salesman makes a promise to entice a sale, they have to honor it. Do you have written proof of this promise (is it mentioned in the initial contract)?

To me, it sounds like a dodgy salesman. If it isn't in the contract you singed then I don't think you can really do anything about it.

Do you have his name?

Soldato
OP
Just getting back to this as i kinda figured i wouldnt have a leg to stand on but was worth asking just incase as you never know with these kind of things, and to Asim it was a verbal thing as back then you could change the tarrif till decemeber last year when they changed the contracts terms and conditions which stops anyone from doing this - I have no issue with paying the 50 a month per say, just annoyed at the fact they changed the way it all works and im stuck paying 20+ pound a month more than new customers for exactly the same plan - Well ive only got to wait till october to change it :( lol

Back
Top Bottom