Three sensor placement help.

Soldato
Can anyone please indicate the best place to set each of the three sensors I have, though awaiting the third to arrive, in this poor attempt at my room plan.
I am thinking wall mounting would be best. At the moment I have one above the wardrobe and one on the cupboard opposite but that does mean the are about 12 feet apart.
Uz96iVU.png

Soldato
I recently went from 2 sensors to 3 sensors and placed the third one in parallel with the front right sensor and have had no issues...I think it was a little off according to the sensor placement wizard (or whatever its called) but it works...in fact after 5 mins of Robo Recoil I have no idea which way I'm facing!

Soldato
OP
I recently went from 2 sensors to 3 sensors and placed the third one in parallel with the front right sensor and have had no issues...I think it was a little off according to the sensor placement wizard (or whatever its called) but it works...in fact after 5 mins of Robo Recoil I have no idea which way I'm facing!
So where would you place them in relation to my room plan?

Associate
tbh i would wait for the 3rd to arrive and use the wizard to configure them. I found where i thought my 3rd would go didn't offer the coverage needed because Oculus suggested i tweak the front two sensors to get full coverage from the three.

Soldato
OP
tbh i would wait for the 3rd to arrive and use the wizard to configure them. I found where i thought my 3rd would go didn't offer the coverage needed because Oculus suggested i tweak the front two sensors to get full coverage from the three.
If I am wall mounting then I need to have an idea where to place as I will be making holes in the wall for the mounting screws.

Associate
If I am wall mounting then I need to have an idea where to place as I will be making holes in the wall for the mounting screws.
Have you got any light stands or similar to mount them to while you get them positioned? Or even duct tape and a broom!

Soldato
I used self-adhesive car camera mounts to stick my sensors to the walls. One thing with the 3 sensor setup is that the wizard can complain a lot about the positioning of the sensors, but you can often ignore the warnings and get excellent tracking anyway.

Soldato
OP
I used self-adhesive car camera mounts to stick my sensors to the walls. One thing with the 3 sensor setup is that the wizard can complain a lot about the positioning of the sensors, but you can often ignore the warnings and get excellent tracking anyway.
I have also found that the set up wizard can be a bit of a pain and tend to ignore it, will have a look at this tool later once I receive the third sensor, Startech USB card and cctv mounts.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/communi...elp-you-visualise-sensors-and-tracking#latest

Back
Top Bottom