Thymesia

Associate
As an update the review embargo has lifted, early signs look pretty good with averaging around 7-8 out of 10. The main reviews seem to be saying its quality over quantity with the main game taking between 10-15 hours but it does have multiple endings so may need a few playthroughs to completely see everything. Boss battles look pretty epic with multiple phase fights. The combat looks excellent with some comparing it to Sekiro (which has me sold).

The upgrades, plague weapons, potions and talents all look to be pretty deep. You can respec for no cost at any time to try out different styles (hallelujah).

For a budget game this looks really good - I can't wait to play it on Thursday.

Soldato
Looks pretty cool, but more DMC like than souls like with all the jumping about and flashy lights?

Might give it a go if the price is right. Can’t see any pricing on the PS app.

Associate
On hotukdeals a site has the physical for £21.88 which has a 1% discount so should be around £22.

Mythmoo a regular from soft streamer has some of his playthrough videos up on YouTube. If like me your not bothered about spoilers then they are pretty good.

Associate
I'm really enjoying it so far. But even as a souls veteran the 1st level boss was very difficult. Not quite Isshin Sword Saint level but it took me 4 hours to beat him. I'm on the second level but have done all but 1 of the sub missions in level 1. It's combat is excellent and I really like the plague weapon system. It's well worth the money and is probably my favourite souls like (aside from fromsoft games and nioh).

Caporegime
Yeah I was interested in this but if the difficulty is up there around Ishin think ill save myself the agro. Took me a good solid 8hours straight to beat him, it was driving me nuts.

Associate
The levels themselves were not too difficult. Some of the bosses were though the first boss in particular took me 4 hours of retrying. One of the later bosses seemed impossible until I slanted my build to parry skills - then that boss became trivial. Its definitely going to be a marmite game (love or hate). I loved it.

Back
Top Bottom