Tidy storage & drying solutions...

DHR

DHR

Soldato
Like most I've ended up with a handful of spools I'll take a good while to get through and at the minute, I'm not really storing them properly.

Seen the usual vac bags etc but I'm contemplating just getting a dryer, as with everything in the hobby they seem to range from crazily pointless to stupidly expensive.

Although I like a bargain too, I'd prefer something dedicated e.g. not a dehydrator - couldn't resist the urge to make food in it :cry:

I've looked at the usual sunlu units, and was leaning toward one of the eibos cyclops units, but they're not cheap, there are smaller two spool ones but like anything, do you just stump up the extra £50 now instead of buying twice?

Any other personal recommendations, burnt myself put watching tube reviews which I distrust more and more!

DHR

DHR

Soldato
OP
I have wondered when looking at the results of people's experiments whether there is an aspect of snake oil about them hence me asking!

Associate
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
Yes indeed - you're welcome to have mine if you fancy testing one for free, it works fine, it's just solving a problem that no longer exists IMO!

Also the reality is you very quickly end up with 12+ reels of different colours, so just not practical to be popping them all in and out all the time!

Associate
As already said, PLA, petg and abs are pretty much ok to leave out. The only filaments really that need drying and to be kept dry during printing is nylon and other more industrial filaments.

I have been looking for a dryer as I have some of those filaments I want to start using. I have a food dehydrator that I use to do a 4hr+ dry on some filament but nothing to use during a print.

Not sure if you've seen the recent inline drying from Magigoo? That's total overkill if you ask me and the price .

DHR

DHR

Soldato
OP
That's amazingly kind of you, but flog it and get a few quid back for yourself, thanks so much though!

I can understand if you're printing with tens of different colours and not using them for years but in a centrally heated house I didn't imagine it'd make a massive difference.

Back
Top Bottom