Tier A PSU coil whine after 5 months

Associate
OP
I completely have no idea... I'm no engineer and don't have the knowledge etc (A noob in this area...)

Anyways, let me tell ya. I have 4 ACs:

-My room
-Parents' room
-Guest room
-Dining room

(Yeah, that's a lot...)

If i connect my room and wait 1-2 mins nothing happens. Same goes to the parents' room. Same goes if both of the mentioned ones are turned on (Each has a different cold Celsius!, but they run at full speed)

However, if i turn on the guest and dining room ones, (one first, turn off, then the other, then both) they provoke the coil whine on the PSU...

Even though, i think, their installations are located outside of the house (Walls), they're the culprit of the coil whine... If that's the case, the PSU must've always been working fine and all great because 5 months ago there was cold environment and we didn't needed the ACs to work while building the PC etc!

I'll tell my parents and will let you know what's their decision, because our kitchen's fridge does something similar (I think) and it could help reduce such noise. I know i know, coil whine doesn't kills the components (unless the noise is enormous and could mean big trouble) but for my ears and the house's safety...Well, let's hope this is the cause and hopefully we or an engineer can fix this frigging issue

OF COURSE i appreciate the help so far and i deeply apologize for some of my behaviours (Specially the C-States, wich have been turned on Auto again just in case...).

Man of Honour
With regards to always use the cables that come in the box they refer to the psu to pc side, all the modular cables. The lead from the power socket to the pc is just the same as any other, there is nothing special about them. I don't think I have ever used the "kettle lead" that comes in the psu box as I have a long thick one I have used for years and years and have had no problems so I will keep using it. I have also been lucky enough to never have a psu that suffers from coil whine and my 2021 Corsair RM850x that I currently use is the best and quietest psu that I have ever had. Coil whine is a plague be it on a psu or graphics card and seems completely random whether someone's components suffer from it or not.

Having never used one before maybe someone with knowledge of UPS's could say if the pc is connected through one would it supply a "cleaner" electricity supply to the pc?

Man of Honour
Well, let's hope this is the cause and hopefully we or an engineer can fix this frigging issue
The ferrite thingies are pretty cheap, a lot of cables already have them attached, though they're less common than PCs in the 90s and early 2000s when practically everything had one.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to spend lots to fix it though, but at the same time, I don't know what to recommend.

Back
Top Bottom