Tim Westwood

Associate
We had Westwood at our Newcastle freshers week last september, and I'll tell you something, it was the biggest FLOP ever. Absolutley and utterly appauling. It really brought down freshers week with a negative crash unfortunately. I take it that it will be at the Metro Radio Arena. He played absolutley rubbish music...well if you could call it music. We had CSS playing on the Wednesday / Thursday of freshers week in the union which made up for Westwood's bad performance.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tim Westwood LOL

He is a 50 year old bloke who thinks he isn't white and thinks all his 'hip-hop' geezas love him, when really they think he is a huge fake. I admit I like some of the sets he does but when you hear 'Drop The Bomb' 'Bow down and kiss the ring' and that annoying Siren then it becomes annoying lol.

*brapp brapp brapp* LOL Sorry just had to throw it in to get u in the mood if ya going lol

Soldato
He played absolutley rubbish music...well if you could call it music.

You sound like my dad with his "darky rap" comments. If you hate the music so much, just don't go to it. Most classical music bores me to tears, so naturally if I went to see the london philharmonic orchestra play, I'd not be overly surprised to find myself fidgeting in my seat.

Admittedly a lot of what Westwood plays isn't exactly cutting edge, but like most radio DJs he's probably on a fairly tight leash and when he's out and about plays the same stuff to his audience. If you can get over the "zomg it's a middle aged WHITE man trying to act black", he's actually fairly entertaining. Just don't take him too seriously - he often takes the mick out of himself so I'm sure he doesn't take himself too seriously all the time either.

Associate
The bomb explosion and other silly sound effects are a rip-off from Funkmaster Flex, a New York DJ who he linked up with in the early to mid nineties.
Up to this point his personality on air whilst still the annoying accent was fairly subdued and wouldn't talk that much other than for shout outs and interviews with guest rappers/djs. If you genuinely liked hiphop music then it was a good show to listen to as it was more about the music.

Soldato
Have all the people commenting on whether this freshers night is giong to be good/suggesting other places to go noticed that this happened coming up to a year ago?

Pav89 said:
We had Westwood at our Newcastle freshers week last september, and I'll tell you something, it was the biggest FLOP ever. Absolutley and utterly appauling. It really brought down freshers week with a negative crash unfortunately. I take it that it will be at the Metro Radio Arena. He played absolutley rubbish music...well if you could call it music. We had CSS playing on the Wednesday / Thursday of freshers week in the union which made up for Westwood's bad performance. Seriously, prepared to be dissapointed!

This thread's from last September! This is actually the night the thread's about!

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
i thought it was funny when chris moyles caught him out of character
he was well spoken and posh

moyles obviously played it on repeat to make it funnier

Soldato
If the news announced his death, i think i would have a party.

Honestly, his voice makes me very angry, especially that stupid 5min radio1 advert before films in the cinema.

Soldato
The accent must be fake. no one talks like that.

It's like he's an oxfordshire boy with the vocabulary of a barely educated gangster chimpanzee.

I find him hilarious... for 15 seconds. Then I want to punch him.

If I ever met him. I'd simply feel it my duty to inform him that putting an explosion sound effect between songs is NOT mixing.

Ant :cool:

Associate
The accent must be fake. no one talks like that.

It's like he's an oxfordshire boy with the vocabulary of a barely educated gangster chimpanzee.

I find him hilarious... for 15 seconds. Then I want to punch him.

If I ever met him. I'd simply feel it my duty to inform him that putting an explosion sound effect between songs is NOT mixing.

Ant :cool:

Hehe so true.

If anyone has had the pleasure of seeming him live, I don't think he can even beatmatch.

Soldato
Too many haters here!

Westwood is awesome :cool: Ok, at the end of the day he is a lanky white guy trying to be a hip hop black guy, but he is so overthetop and loud that it's just ******* awesome. I haven't seen him on any TV shows (I think he'd just seem really out of place), but his radio shows are great :cool:

Back
Top Bottom