Time Bandits (Apple TV series)

Soldato

Guided by Lisa Kudrow, the eccentric crew of bandits embark on epic adventures while evil forces threaten their conquests and life as they know it. As the group transports through time and space, the gang stumbles upon fascinating worlds of the distant past while seeking out treasure, depending on Kevin to shed light on each situation. The Time Bandits witness the creation of Stonehenge, see the Trojan Horse in action, escape dinosaurs in the prehistoric ages, wreak havoc during medieval times, experience the ice age, ancient civilizations, the Harlem Renaissance, and much more along the way.

Release: 24/07/24 - 10 episodes

See they disabled comments, not a good start.

Last edited:
I mean I don't hate it...
If anyone could re-do it, for some reason, he's probably the modern man for sure.
Is it a film or a series?
It could make an ok 8 or 10 part series.... "History of the week"

They've destroyed so many good films from childhood this is just another on the list.
But as someone said to me, and I vehemently disagreed with at the time, but have now come to accept, the originals do still exist and look even better in comparison.

I think it'll be ok but nothing to get excited about.

That was Lisa kudrow? Lol oh god.

Last edited:
looks absolutely rubbish... might like it if I were 6 years old, but then again I'd probably rather watch a cartoon at that age

"some people say your even richer than jeff bezos of amazon"
wtf is that line? who writes that absolute trash......... american writers are people with 0 life experience its totally obvious.

leave school, become a writer, have no actual imagination or world experiences to keep you grounded...
probably lived lif eon twitter with the echo chamber.

can we bring back the reality check

Last edited:
Looks too clean and twee with flat boring dialogue. One is it with one-liners these days? Does good dialogue have to fit into an olden-days tweet character count or something?

Compare their bedroom scene to the originals:

Still fantastical but far more impactful. A WTF moment you'd expect such an event to be. Fear, wonderment, confusion but still a good laugh. Didn't get a sniff of that in the trailer.

Time Bandits is a special nostalgic place for me. I found it on a VHS recorded from the TV when I was a kid. I'm 39 now but we didn't have a TV (or carpets) in our house until I was 4/5. I distinctly remember watching this movie, recorded adverts and all, and going through a full range of emotions.

Jesus yeah the nostalgia from the old George Harrison music and some of those clips....
Blimey it was films like this that made me interested in Science fiction and fantasy stuff.

I think we had it on VHS as a kid.. man that's along time ago..

Ill have to acquire than 4k from somewhere and rewatch it. Its been agggges... Probably even better now :p

Last edited:
Looks too clean and twee with flat boring dialogue. One is it with one-liners these days? Does good dialogue have to fit into an olden-days tweet character count or something?
I was just thinking how many start, stop, funny quip things did they cram into that trailer :( Hopefully they've done it a disservice but Lisa Kudrow does not look convincing. Maybe it's because it's clearly very kid-orientated...

I'm sure I've seen the original but can't remember it :o

Probably because they don't have dwarfs in it.
Time bandits without the dwarves?

Oh because we don't want to upset Dinklage now do we.

How many dwarf actors are not getting work now?

Oh and this looks terrible :(
GSEh-Woea8-AA4k-Qb.jpg

They have actual dwarfs in the series, but they don't make them the main cast, it's insane!

Last edited:
Time Bandits was he first VHS film we rented and watched on our new fangled Ferguson Videostar 3V29 video recording machine back in 1982. Which, for those that don't know, was a device used to play and record television programmes on to magnetic tape. And you could go to special shops to rent films to watch, usually within a day, then return to the shop. Similar to streaming nowadays, except I gather you don't have to rewind streams.

I also have the film/script book for the original Time Bandits somewhere here.

I watched it again last night and tbh its not as awesome as kid efour thought it was.
Some major pacing issues.
I gotta say how much i love Michael Palin , hes really my favorite Python.
The iconic greek court scene with Sean Connery RIP and that music brought back the memories.
David Rappaport, Randall, the leader of the gang , man, seems he had a tragic life off screen. Well he nails every scene and is the glue that holds the madness together.

Back
Top Bottom