Time for 64!

n3x

n3x

Associate
If u'r poor go for 2gb geil value, everyone seems to love it! If u've got abit more cash to splash try g.skill, ocz... oh and mushkin!

Im still learning about memory speeds and timings but i think basically i think if u'r not planning to overclock get pc3200 stuff with the lowest latencys u can afford! Standard FSB is 200 so no overclocking and the 3200 ram will run at 200mhz with nice tight timings, if u are overclocking tho u can always use a divider or grab some faster ram eg pc4000.

I dont think the timings are really that important for everyday use... i may be wrong. I should get my 2gb's of g.skill hz (pc4000) 2day to have a play with instead of my 3200 xms which doesnt seem to like overclocking at all! (even at 3-4-4-8!?)

I had a quick look at u'r psu and it doesnt look like it has the 4 pin power but once again, i may be wrong :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
You'll need 3200 RAM but will overclock it as soon as you raise the FSB. FSB being 200. I used Geil in one PC (Overclocked to 220) and G.Skill ZX in another ( Overclocked to 236 but the ram is right on the limit had the slow it down to 2.5/2T to get it to run reliably ).

Back
Top Bottom