Time for a petrol mower?

Soldato
I ended up getting the base petrol Honda Izy and took it for a spin today. Made light work of the garden, the only issue I have with it and this is very a me issue, is that there is no kind of handle on it for me to pick it up by. As I'm in a town house my rear garden is first floor height of the house so it's a pain to get it down the side stairs to put it in the Garage.
You mean steps leading up to the garden? Get two scaffold planks or similar and lay it over the steps then wheel it up/down if it had a rear roller you'd only need one. Heh I spent the afternoon cutting two lawns with an Izy today.

Last edited:
Soldato
Run E5 fuel if you can.

If not, fit an in-line fuel tap so you can run the carb dry when you’re done mowing without draining the fuel tank.

And if you’re cutting the fuel line to fit a tap, fit a filter after it. They cost €3 and changing them annually is way, way less hassle than cleaning the crud out of the gauze filter inside the carb.

Soldato
I would go cordless for sure, mine is one of my best ever purchases, ultra light, powerful quiet , good cut it doesn't trip out it just steps up the power .not just playing the eco warrior as i use a sthil petrol hedge cutter i just find them so much easier
Mine is also not over wide but long,this being the top section, it goes down to the bottom houses and will cut very easily on one charge, edit bottom house not in shot just think same again beyond greenhouse (now demolished)

Screenshot-2024-06-04-05-56-09-86-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom