Time Of Your Life - Recording/Production.

Soldato
i know ive been posting a few of these, im always self conscious of all my productions, and im quite pleased with the way this turned out?

and im asking the musicians/producers whatever, general folks of ocuk to tell me what you think?

The song is one of the better recordings i have done im hoping to see what you guys think, been a long time since i recorded this heavily non stop during one week.

and im getting pretty tired towards the end of this weekend (its heavy going)

so can you please tell me if ive missed anything?

3rd song down on the myspace page

p.s- the folks wi

p.s.s - still having problems with this myspace compression rubbish, im sure myspace likes to destroy the quality of songs.

http://myspace.com/goodfellasuk

much appreciated.

-Neoni.

Last edited:
Associate
** warning - i know nothing about music production**

The recording quality is very good.

The tempo seems very slow; maybe its just me but it feels a little too slow. It doesn’t flow as well as the original, and the slowness of the tempo doesn’t seem to be reflected in the composition of the cover. More dynamics are possibly needed. I may be speaking as a guitarist here but the guitar part feels very stagnant throughout. It should be changed up a bit more to reflect the different parts of the song. Play with some passion

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
** warning - i know nothing about music production**

The recording quality is very good.

The tempo seems very slow; maybe its just me but it feels a little too slow. It doesn’t flow as well as the original, and the slowness of the tempo doesn’t seem to be reflected in the composition of the cover. More dynamics are possibly needed. I may be speaking as a guitarist here but the guitar part feels very stagnant throughout. It should be changed up a bit more to reflect the different parts of the song. Play with some passion

its not me playing at all.

we didnt want it sounding like the original....i think the main aim of the track for them playing was the vocal leads. guitars werent a main issue.

Commissario
I like it, in some ways I prefer it to the original :)

As mentioned by Clinkz, I do think the tempo needs to be upped by a few bpm, but not overly.
Like the improvised guitar solo bit, although think it could be supported by a bass track (if there's one in there already, sorry!)

Other than that, great job :)

Back
Top Bottom