• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Time Spy Standard DX 12 Bench.

Man of Honour
That score above...my office is in a garage conversion that gets stupidly cold without the heating on.

-2 outside. Door wide open and temps were like this:

EV9ATDc.jpg

Modified the fan speeds so it wasn’t exactly “Extra Silent” any more but meant my GPU only got as hot as 42. Mental

Associate
The recommended PSU specs for the 6900 XT is 850W, so it's not too surprising i guess.

Given the 6800 XT ran without any issue though, it was still a surprise to me to have it trip without undervolting.

The 650W had a 12v rail of 54A, and i guess that is not enough probably need at least 62A and preferably 70A or higher.
I personally picked up a RM850x yesterday, mine was a few gears old and of mediocre quality. Dont want to risk it.

Associate
Impressive. It was the 43C average temp that’s confused me.

What clocks have you used as I’m still tinkering with mine?

Clocks are always listed in the 3dmark output:
Clock frequency
2,130 MHz (1,395 MHz)
Average clock frequency
1,991 MHz
Memory clock frequency
1,332 MHz (1,219 MHz)

To get that, it's +165 core and +900mem.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Cheers for that. I’d pretty much left the VRAM @ +748 as I’d read somewhere that it was optimal.

However, it sounds like there are still gains to be made above that. I shall have another play. :D

P.S. Did you have the PC in the garden or something? No idea how you’ve got that average temp!

Soldato
That score above...my office is in a garage conversion that gets stupidly cold without the heating on.

-2 outside. Door wide open and temps were like this:

EV9ATDc.jpg

Modified the fan speeds so it wasn’t exactly “Extra Silent” any more but meant my GPU only got as hot as 42. Mental

ao not fair lol. 12 degrees on the gpu Jesus, I've never ever in my life seen my own gpu's go under 25c. That should give you should idea of how cold "winter" gets here

Back
Top Bottom