Time to Change?

Associate
Hey, so my Battery on my MacBookPro 15 Mid 2007 I think has finally got to a point where it needs to be replaced. What are your thoughts?. Slightly annoyed but its had a good life. Just one question, is it advisable to get the replacement from Apple or though a 3rd party?

Screenshot2010-09-06at222319.png

Associate
I'd stick with OEM.

But it says here that the battery is designed to be at 80% capacity after 300 cycles. You are way below that. Maybe worth seeing if they'll fix it for free? Sale of Goods Act may come in handy - three years isn't an unreasonable amount of time to expect your battery to last, especially when it's not even in Apple's own expected tolerances. Not sure if you are near an Apple Store, but if I were you I'd wander over for a chat with one of their Geniuses.

Associate
OP
Just thought I would update and let you know I managed to get a new battery out of apple for free! even though my mac has been out of warranty for the last 3 years, so I am very happy, just replaced it there and then after I argued my case, so far I am yet to have a bad word against apple.

Soldato
Just thought I would update and let you know I managed to get a new battery out of apple for free! even though my mac has been out of warranty for the last 3 years, so I am very happy, just replaced it there and then after I argued my case, so far I am yet to have a bad word against apple.

good to no for the future if this happens to mine

Back
Top Bottom