Time to upgrade or not?

Associate
Well guys i need some advice.
I dunno what it is, maybe it's just me, but my pc is feeling kinda sluggish & has random episodes where games, movies will freeze for a millisecond every now and then, maybe it's time to upgrade the cpu mobo and ram?

My Current Specs:

Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition Mobo
i7 4820k 40 lanes
64gb DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz
Corsair AX1500i
SLI GTX 1080ti's
850 Evo 500gb ssd
Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 2K 165Hz

Associate
OP
Well that setup sure as hell shouldn't be sluggish.

I would say there are other issues at play if you are getting stutters and sluggishness.

That system should fly. Have you got it overclocked?

I thought it might of been an overclock, i have set it to stock and micro stutters still happen

Soldato
I have tested this and i still get the stuttering.
You think it could possibly be one of the ram sticks is on the blink?

Doesn't sound like a ram problem, but no harm in running a memory test.

It sounds most like a software / driver issue to be honest. Worth doing an uninstall of your drivers and doing a clean up before reinstalling.

If that fails then I'd be looking at a clean install of windows.

Soldato
pc is feeling kinda sluggish & has random episodes where games, movies will freeze for a millisecond every now and then...

850 Evo 500gb ssd

I've had issues similar to this with problematic SSDs - you could try updating the firmware for the 850 Evo (follow all back up that's advised by manufacturer etc...). I would perhaps run some tests on it's performance after too (or before).

I would also flash the MB BIOS to the latest release - look at the releases and see if one hints at better compatibility for some components.

Associate
OP
I've had issues similar to this with problematic SSDs - you could try updating the firmware for the 850 Evo (follow all back up that's advised by manufacturer etc...). I would perhaps run some tests on it's performance after too (or before).

I would also flash the MB BIOS to the latest release - look at the releases and see if one hints at better compatibility for some components.

Decided to just upgrade my pc, all issues gone now :)

Back
Top Bottom