time to upgrade.

Associate
currently rocking my trusty 970/ 4790k i7 build but i feel its time to upgrade.

budget is £1600 max.

i have monitors / peripherals so budget is just for the tower.

ive made a basket but not sure how to post it in the thread.

any help is muchly appreciated :)

Corsair TX850M 850W 80 Plus Gold Semi Modular Power Supply (CP-9020130-UK)
SKU CA-236-CS
fiber_manual_record In stock
£99.95

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive

SKU HD-23Y-SA
£124.99

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Gaming OC 8GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card

SKU GX-1DW-GI
£699.95

Kolink Observatory Lite ARGB Midi Tower Gaming Case - Black

SKU CA-04R-KK
£59.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - Asus TUF X570-Plus WIFI Bundle

SKU BU-07U-AS
fiber_manual_record
h71Z5TH

Associate
OP
currently rocking my trusty 970/ 4790k i7 build but i feel its time to upgrade.

budget is £1600 max.

i have monitors / peripherals so budget is just for the tower.

ive made a basket but not sure how to post it in the thread.

any help is muchly appreciated :)

b5152cf5063982d346f9bf95965dfb14

just to note. I don’t upgrade very often as you can probably tell by my current set up so I really wanna try future proof for as long as possible as long as it’s not crazy out of my budget so let’s say it’s £50 over budget but gives a lot more future proofing then I’d love to hear any help.

thanks guys.

Last edited:
Associate
My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,573.50 (includes delivery: £11.70)​

I put your choices into a basket to make it easier. When on the cart look down for the BBCODE tab, click it and copy paste the text into here and it shows up like the above.

Associate
OP
My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,573.50 (includes delivery: £11.70)​

I put your choices into a basket to make it easier. When on the cart look down for the BBCODE tab, click it and copy paste the text into here and it shows up like the above.
Thanks so much for sorting that. I couldn’t fro the life of me figure it out. I clicked bb code and pasted but it just posted a load of code so wasn’t sure. Do I need to put anything I front of the code etc? Also any critic of the above mentioned build or is it okay to go? Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks for the alternate build. I’m way out the loop. The last pc I built was for a friend and he has a 2700x. Is there much difference between amd/intel anymore? I’m really looking for bang for buck. I don’t need insane timings or frames etc. i just can’t afford much more than £1600 realistically without being on beans on toast for a while haha. Thanks again.

Associate
I would wait a bit on your build. The mobo/chip/ram bundle looks expensive.

AMD and Intel are close enough that performance is not the only metric you want to look at, you also have to look for value. If you really are looking for good value then the 12400F is the current part to go for with a sensibly priced Z690 or B660 mobo.

You do not need to do anything with the BBCODE , just cut and paste all in the window. It looks a bit funky but once you post the reply the forum sorts it out.

Associate
OP
I would wait a bit on your build. The mobo/chip/ram bundle looks expensive.

AMD and Intel are close enough that performance is not the only metric you want to look at, you also have to look for value. If you really are looking for good value then the 12400F is the current part to go for with a sensibly priced Z690 or B660 mobo.

You do not need to do anything with the BBCODE , just cut and paste all in the window. It looks a bit funky but once you post the reply the forum sorts it out.
Thanks for the reply/ info. What’s been putting me off probably for the last 12/18 months is gpu prices. Do you happen to know how the market is looking now adays things are going back to normal abit? Should I wait abit longer or are they low atm?

Associate
GPU prices have stabilized and are around the expected price. We would all like them lower but it is not insane like it was 12 months ago. New gpus due out towards the end of the year, they are rumoured to be extremely power hungry and likely to be very expensive. This is not that bad a time to buy in comparison to the past 18months or so.

A more budget friendly build.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,118.38 (includes delivery: £11.70)​

You can easily put a 3070ti into that build instead of a 3060ti. You are paying around 40% more for approx 20% better fps so the 3060ti is better value at the moment. 12400F is best value cpu at moment but gone out of stock at OCUK.

You can always pay more and buy faster components but the best way to future proof is to buy sensibly priced parts and upgrade when you need to.

Associate
Good advice above.

rather get the Best GPU you can afford.

you could get a 3080 and an 850 watt psu and see if that works for you in your current rig but that’s a bit of an imbalanced system.

Back
Top Bottom