Tin Star

Caporegime
I enjoyed it, but the direction change was quite a harsh one.

I mean, I get that something tragic happened, but man, talk about jumping off a cliff, lol.

Soldato
I enjoyed it but it also had some issues imo:

• There were a lack of compelling characters within the show. For me it's a problem when I don't have a character that I like or want to root for in a show, and that was the case in this one. Jack was truly awful in every way, Angela facilitated and encouraged Jim to drink to bring out Jack, Anna seemed okay until she fell for the guy who shot her brother, and Elizabeth seemed to want to do better as a person and then turned out to be little better than Gagnon at the end.
  • The bikers were a bit of a pointless addition to the story. I thought they were going to be used for some greater part of the story than to just serve as a group to get in Jack's way at the most unfortunate times or to be framed for crimes.
  • I didn't like how they made Frank a bumbling, comical character. In the flashback to Jack's time undercover in the UK, Frank was described as the target of the undercover op and someone to fear. However, this idea had already been ruined and seemed inexplicable given what we'd seen of Frank. Having Mal be the big bad of the story that had come to Canada to kill him would have been much more sinister and scary.

Associate
Found it way too easy to dislike Tim Roth's pathetic excuse for a person, who was two-dimensional in the comical "I'm an 'ard Lahndahnaa". Whitey was a decent kid who made some bad decisions and far more likeable: at least his trajectory is/was upward.

The daughter was really well acted though. That tense, unforgiving face was spot on.

Soldato
Only just finished Tin Star and found it such a strange show. It was kind of boring throughout but the last few episodes were very good and saved it imo. I liked its quirkiness.
Can’t believe there is going to be a season 2! It really doesn’t need it and can’t think how they will even have enough left to make a whole new bunch of episodes

Soldato
Obviously he’s going to survive but the minute they go back to town let’s be honest they would both be arrested as he did shoot another police officer and she burnt the house down to hide evidence. And that would be the end of it. I don’t see how they are going to run around in that small town for another season without getting arrested it’s just not possible

Caporegime
OP
Obviously he’s going to survive but the minute they go back to town let’s be honest they would both be arrested as he did shoot another police officer and she burnt the house down to hide evidence. And that would be the end of it. I don’t see how they are going to run around in that small town for another season without getting arrested it’s just not possible
Seeing as he’s the main copper there and it’s so remote, it might not be too hard to cover the whole thing up.

Soldato
Just finished it. I enjoyed it, there was a lot of great scenes, funny scenes but also just bad pointless rubbish. I hate it when you come across a show that could have been great, but falls down where it really shouldn't.

Soldato
doubt i'll go back for season two, many points above relate. flat-out don't get how quickly/easily the lass started shagging the guy who murdered her brother etc. losing Heyerdahl didn't help matters either. i like Tim a lot but i think the writing on this was just a bit scatttershot, whole plot points like the bug in his office ended up just not being overly relevant at all.
nice try, but....

Associate
Caned this in two days. Can only echo the above bad points but thought the good outweighed them. Stunning scenery throughout and young Whitey did a fantastic job considering his age - can't think that role won't mess him up a bit though?

The amazing song in Episode 5 is IAMX - I Salute You Christopher

https://g.co/kgs/7HzNo5

PayDay Lover
Associate
Just got round to binge watching this. It was interesting...not sure if I really liked it or not. I like Tim which is why I watched it in the first place, to be honest, for the most part I felt it underplayed the violence - given 'Jack' is this badass I was kind of hoping for more unrelenting revenge brutality. Probably didn't help that I had just binge watched the Punisher so was still in 'the zone'. I would probably watch the second season but it would be low on my priority watch list

Soldato
** freeview reboot **
This is great - now showing on channel 4, for us netflix refuseniks .. I guess I should't read the earlier posts ... sanity after
Eve/bodyguard/Who madness ... scenery, reasonable acting, where is Laura Palmer or Ethan Burke.

Back
Top Bottom