Tips/advice on selling a PC

Associate
Hi

After having my car MOT and borrowing almost £2000 to sort it and few other bits I'm going to have to sell my newly built PC :(

Was wondering is it worth selling as a full rig or splitting up all the parts and selling on?
Specs etc below but would like to get as close as possible to what I paid and not get ripped off

Corsair Graphite 760T V2 Windowed Full Tower Gaming Case - Black
850W Corsair Fully Modular Quiet Power Supply (RM850i) - Gold 80 PLUS
ASUS Z170-K Motherboard
Intel® Core™ i5-6600K Quad Core Processor (Skylake,3.5GHz-3.9GHz Turbo, 6MB Cache)
16GB 3000MHz DDR4 Memory (2x8GB) Dual Kit - Corsair
8GB GeForce® GTX 1070 Graphics Card
250GB Samsung 750 EVO, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, Samsung MGX, 256MB Cache, Read 540MB/s, Write 520MB/s, 97K/88K IOPS
2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III 6GB/s 7200rpm 64MB Cache 8ms NCQ

Associate
OP
In my opinion you'd be better splitting up the components to give you the best chance of getting your money back. I think anyone enthusiast enough to want to pay the right price would want to also build the PC themselves.

Does it matter I don't have packaging for the parts?

The PC was custom built and sent to me so don't have boxes for graphics card,ram,psu etc etc

Soldato
Some people will want the packaging but plenty won't. I would suggest listing it on Gumtree and other local 'for sale' places.

Plenty of bad experiences with eBay for PC components so if you can then I would use other methods e.g. Gumtree.

List it as a whole PC and then the parts individually and see what happens.

Associate
I've generally had good experiences selling components on Ebay, but you have to manage your buyer requirements, pack everything well and make sure that you keep good photos and accurately describe the items. Offer a refund policy (as some people won't buy from you if it's not offered and you're automatically obliged to accept refunds in certain scenarios).

You're better off selling the high value components separately, so definitely the CPU, GPU and PSU. Possibly the mobo too, though another option would be to sell your gfx card and CPU, then drop in a cheap CPU and graphics card and sell everything else as a single package.

Back
Top Bottom