"Titan Krypt"

Associate
Hey, So I'm on a bit of a budget here, I can only spend around £800 and that needs to include the Monitor! :(

I was hoping for a machine that would be able to play MMORPG's at Medium-High settings on good frame rates, and maybe a couple of those free first person shooters on Low-Medium at good frame rates.

I was wonderingif the "Krypt" with the ATI HD 5770 would meet my needs? Or would i need something a bit better? Or would a cheaper PC meet my needs? :eek:

Thanks for all replys! <3

Only problem is i don't think building is an option :(

I'm too scared incase i break parts and i'm not experienced lol. i don't know what to do with those wires or where to buy them lol :(

I would Prefer a Quad Core. But i don't think i'm going to manage it, I'll need the operating system too, so when i add that on some of the suggested computers, it goes a bit over my budget once i include the monitor.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I do like the look of the Xenomorph, but again, processor will become outdated soon. And the Exodus would go over my budget :(

You need to decide what is more important tbh; current performance or future-proofing your PC.

The Xenomorph will certainly give you more performance than the Krypt, but the fact that it is only dual-core and socket 1156 will hold you back in terms of the future (More games utilising 4 cores; Intel's next range of CPU's wont be compatible with 1156 motherboards.)

If you went for the Krypt, the performance wouldn't be as good, but you would have the option to upgrade the CPU in the future as AMD's next range of processors will be compatible with Socket AM3.

I am having the exact same problem. I know that the i3 clocked to 4.2ghz will be excellent, but I plan on keeping the next PC I build for 4 years or so, which is why I really want to go AMD.

If OCUK sold a 955 prebuilt system that was at a competitive price, it would be great :(

Hmm, Well in that case i would rather have the Krypt so it would just cost a hundred or so more to upgrade in a year or so, rather than forking out another £800 for a new system.

But then, The Krypt doesn't have a cooler, so would my processor overheat and die on me after a couple weeks?

(Laptop has started overheating and it switches itself off every few hours. After looking, my processor has an average temperature of 94°C, So i'm guessing this is the cause of my laptop randomly switching off every few hours)

The Krypt will have a cooler, just the stock cooler that comes with the CPU. The Xenomorph has a more expensive cooler as it's overclocked by a great deal, whereas the Krypt is not overclocked at all.

As long as you don't plan on overclocking it will be fine :)

I doub't i'd overclock, So if i don't overclock it, will it keep cool?

Your other post made me laugh "It doesn't have a cooler" LOLZ

The Krypt has the AMD stock cooler, we don't list it as it is a given on a system which isn't overclocked. The stock cooler is just fine and keeps the chips temps down. No need to worry about it melting/exploding etc.

Ahh right, Sorry, not very Familiar with processors, or the inside of computers in general lol.

So I guess I'll just go with the Krypt so i can upgrade it later, now the question is, What GFX card goes best with the Krypt? 5770? Or the GTX460 768 mb? (Can't go higher than the GTX460)

Sorry for this triples post, Just wanting to bump this thread so i can get more opinions, i should be buying in a couple weeks!! :D

Anyway, how much delivery charge do OCUK ask for, for next day delivery? I seen briefly delivery charge was £15, but i'm not sure if that was for next day delivery or a 3-5 day delivery.

Thanks.

Yeah i will definatley be looking for upgrading sometime next year.

As long as the Krypt with GTX 460 768mb, Can play most games at low-medium settings with at least over 25 FPS lol.

Yeah it'll be more than capable :) if you can afford it then the extra for a 1Gb card is definitely worth it. I have own some GTX 275's with 896Mb VRAM, and I find that it's a little on the low side sometimes, especially when playing certain games (GTA IV springs to mind, to name just one).

I'll try, although i don't like the thought of having to install it myself, since it isn't an option as a GFX upgrade on the Krypt, I'll have to buy it separately.

I keep changing my mind!! lol

I've settled on the Krypt, but not the GFX card. It's between...

Radeon HD 5770 1GB
GTX 460 768 MB
Radeon HD 5830 1GB

What do you think is the better GFX card?

Thanks!!

GTX-460-43.jpg

Just found this Benchmark, (I won't be playing Dirt 2, but I'm sure the FPS differences would be similiar on other games)

And it looks like the GTX 768mb takes the other 2 cards to school! Guess i'll just got with the GTX, I'll try and see about the 1GB, but if it's not possible, the 768mb one out performs the others! Thanks a lot guys! :D

Back
Top Bottom