"Titan Krypt"

Associate
Hey, So I'm on a bit of a budget here, I can only spend around £800 and that needs to include the Monitor! :(

I was hoping for a machine that would be able to play MMORPG's at Medium-High settings on good frame rates, and maybe a couple of those free first person shooters on Low-Medium at good frame rates.

I was wonderingif the "Krypt" with the ATI HD 5770 would meet my needs? Or would i need something a bit better? Or would a cheaper PC meet my needs? :eek:

Thanks for all replys! <3

Associate
OP
Only problem is i don't think building is an option :(

I'm too scared incase i break parts and i'm not experienced lol. i don't know what to do with those wires or where to buy them lol :(

Soldato
For 800 bucks you should look at the Titan Xenomorph with the gtx 460 + a nice 22 or 24 inch monitor which will be future proof for any MMO and even the latest First person shooter games, 4.2ghz + GTX 460? Yes please.

Or if you're willing to stretch that budget for a water cooled system which is silent and has amazing temperatures, look at the Titan Predator H20 which is on special offer at the moment with a 22 inch monitor at 120 bucks, you'd be looking at 850 for a watercooled system + hd monitor.

I mean don't get me wrong, the Titan Krypt will probably run it anyway but the athlon is a bit outdated and the 5770 isn't a very good card, atleast upgrade to a gtx 460 or 470 :)

Associate
I'd take a look at the 'Titan Exodus' that's on over this week. Add a GTX460 to it and it comes to £716 which should leave you enough cash to get a monitor.

It would be a signficant step up from the Xenomorph as it has an i5 760 Quad Core clocked up to 4ghz. The i3 in the Xenomorph is only dual core, and a lot of games in the near future will be designed for quad cores :)

Associate
I'd take a look at the 'Titan Exodus' that's on over this week. Add a GTX460 to it and it comes to £716 which should leave you enough cash to get a monitor.

It would be a signficant step up from the Xenomorph as it has an i5 760 Quad Core clocked up to 4ghz. The i3 in the Xenomorph is only dual core, and a lot of games in the near future will be designed for quad cores :)

+1
That would be without doubt the best thing to do in my opinion, that is unless you want to splash out on a better monitor, to justify the performance of the gtx 460?

Associate
OP
I would Prefer a Quad Core. But i don't think i'm going to manage it, I'll need the operating system too, so when i add that on some of the suggested computers, it goes a bit over my budget once i include the monitor.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I do like the look of the Xenomorph, but again, processor will become outdated soon. And the Exodus would go over my budget :(

Soldato
do u not have an old montior at all u can use tempararly ?

then u could get the exodus with the gtx460 and windows 7 for just under £800 and use it on the old montior while u save up another £100 to get a better one

if u really cant stretch to that, then i think the krypt with a GTX460 would be the best option

Soldato
Like I said before and Nath, get the Titan Xenomorph with a 1GB + Prince of persia game GTX 460 and a nice 22 Led monitor. Under 800 bucks.

Just get a trial windows 7 license for now.

41429322.jpg

4.2ghz + 1GB GTX 460. You'll play any game at high settings, MMO's will be crunched by this.

Associate
I would Prefer a Quad Core. But i don't think i'm going to manage it, I'll need the operating system too, so when i add that on some of the suggested computers, it goes a bit over my budget once i include the monitor.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I do like the look of the Xenomorph, but again, processor will become outdated soon. And the Exodus would go over my budget :(

You need to decide what is more important tbh; current performance or future-proofing your PC.

The Xenomorph will certainly give you more performance than the Krypt, but the fact that it is only dual-core and socket 1156 will hold you back in terms of the future (More games utilising 4 cores; Intel's next range of CPU's wont be compatible with 1156 motherboards.)

If you went for the Krypt, the performance wouldn't be as good, but you would have the option to upgrade the CPU in the future as AMD's next range of processors will be compatible with Socket AM3.

I am having the exact same problem. I know that the i3 clocked to 4.2ghz will be excellent, but I plan on keeping the next PC I build for 4 years or so, which is why I really want to go AMD.

If OCUK sold a 955 prebuilt system that was at a competitive price, it would be great :(

Associate
OP
You need to decide what is more important tbh; current performance or future-proofing your PC.

The Xenomorph will certainly give you more performance than the Krypt, but the fact that it is only dual-core and socket 1156 will hold you back in terms of the future (More games utilising 4 cores; Intel's next range of CPU's wont be compatible with 1156 motherboards.)

If you went for the Krypt, the performance wouldn't be as good, but you would have the option to upgrade the CPU in the future as AMD's next range of processors will be compatible with Socket AM3.

I am having the exact same problem. I know that the i3 clocked to 4.2ghz will be excellent, but I plan on keeping the next PC I build for 4 years or so, which is why I really want to go AMD.

If OCUK sold a 955 prebuilt system that was at a competitive price, it would be great :(

Hmm, Well in that case i would rather have the Krypt so it would just cost a hundred or so more to upgrade in a year or so, rather than forking out another £800 for a new system.

But then, The Krypt doesn't have a cooler, so would my processor overheat and die on me after a couple weeks?

(Laptop has started overheating and it switches itself off every few hours. After looking, my processor has an average temperature of 94°C, So i'm guessing this is the cause of my laptop randomly switching off every few hours)

Associate
Hmm, Well in that case i would rather have the Krypt so it would just cost a hundred or so more to upgrade in a year or so, rather than forking out another £800 for a new system.

But then, The Krypt doesn't have a cooler, so would my processor overheat and die on me after a couple weeks?

(Laptop has started overheating and it switches itself off every few hours. After looking, my processor has an average temperature of 94°C, So i'm guessing this is the cause of my laptop randomly switching off every few hours)

The Krypt will have a cooler, just the stock cooler that comes with the CPU. The Xenomorph has a more expensive cooler as it's overclocked by a great deal, whereas the Krypt is not overclocked at all.

As long as you don't plan on overclocking it will be fine :)

Associate
OP
The Krypt will have a cooler, just the stock cooler that comes with the CPU. The Xenomorph has a more expensive cooler as it's overclocked by a great deal, whereas the Krypt is not overclocked at all.

As long as you don't plan on overclocking it will be fine :)

I doub't i'd overclock, So if i don't overclock it, will it keep cool?

Back
Top Bottom