"Titan Nero"

Associate
Hey guys, just needing some advice for a newbie.

I have £400-450ish (might be a tad optimistic) to spend on a system, preferably prebuilt (or as good as), capable of running present games to a fairly good standard. I was wondering if the above system would run well games like Mass Effect 2, Bad Company 2, MW2, Bioshock 2 and the new Fallout game coming out at say 1280x1024.

Any recommendations on what I should ask for when changing the specs of this system when I order would be welcome :). I'm thinking bigger HDD but I'd assume when they say "small change" to the specs, it may be a bit optimistic to try for a slightly better CPU? lol. Would this CPU last me fine for a year or two? I'm happy with the GFX card currently in the specs. I would stretch to £500 or near abouts.

This is my first real system which I'm going to upgrade over the years if possible so would be very grateful for any advice regarding getting a good base if you like.

I have a monitor, OS etc. so it's just really the base unit required.

Thanks for any replies,

Ewan.

Soldato
I have that system downstairs when it had a 5750 in it which is only a bit faster than the 4850 currently in it and it plays games maxed 1920x1080.(some with 4x or 8xmsaa too fine)

Have tried Resident Evil 5, Dragon Age and Command and Conquer 3 on it so far with all 3 games having zero issues.

It's a very good pre-built for the cash since you can also overclock the cpu to about 3.7ghz or so on air easily and even may get a quad core unlocked.I would suggest asking them to change the hardrive to a 500gb Samsung F3 also the gfx card to a 5770 but only if you have the extra cash since a 4850 is fine at that res....more than fine actually.

You may want to go for a 1920x1080 monitor in future asap though as you are really missing out at your res.:)

My main gaming machine is a Titan Goliath with a 5870 and i have to say the Titan Nero has really impressed me gaming wise for the price it costs especially....you'll have no problems running those games if i can run the above 3 at 1920x1080 fine.(Except BFBC2 which probably will run medium at 1920x1080 with no MSAA as the game likes quad core cpus a lot....)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah will defo be getting a better monitor at some point in the future =]. Will contact the OC people and see how much more the 5770 will cost, ty for the recommendation =]. How loud was the 5750 when you had it? I'm reading some worrying comments in forums and other places online saying the 4850 is pretty bad. I don't mind a bit of noise when playing games but if I'm browsing the web, watching dvds of whatever it may be an issue.

Soldato
Yeah will defo be getting a better monitor at some point in the future =]. Will contact the OC people and see how much more the 5770 will cost, ty for the recommendation =]. How loud was the 5750 when you had it? I'm reading some worrying comments in forums and other places online saying the 4850 is pretty bad. I don't mind a bit of noise when playing games but if I'm browsing the web, watching dvds of whatever it may be an issue.
You can always download MSI Afterburner for setting fan profile to make the fan run at minimum speed (not sure about 4850, but it's 40% fanspeed may be) when temp is below...let's say 50C. Also, I think HIS's iCooler IV on the 4850 should be quieter than most other 4850 coolers.

Soldato

It's ridiculously quiet, i do not even hear the pc when sitting right next to it and the card doesn't seem to be loud at all...not like it's on most of the time.:p

It's not like the pc will be like a drill next to you, it will not be loud as you think even if someone claims it is and besides you never really bother with it after a while.

Back
Top Bottom