• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan V announced £2700 15TF 12nm Volta

Permabanned
Soldato
LOL,it seems there are some gremlins outside gaming:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/03/21/nvidia_titan_v_reproducibility/

It might be worth keeping track of that in case Nvidia issues a firmware update or even replaces affected GPUs(never know owners might get a newer production batch!).

Could be because despite HBM2 there's no ECC; plus it looks like the new Titan has a fork of driver seperate from GeForce, and Tesla/Quadro?

Could be the cards are too good at number crunching and are applying a bit of quantum physics into the results lol.:D

Could be if they overclocked them haha. :D

I'm so tempted to get one over my 980Ti and then overclock it. Should last me another 4+ years.

Man of Honour
The temptation is growing. Damnit. Part of me wants to try and wait for a Volta/Ampere Ti; but the other is tired of it all and wants it now. :(

Wait

The Titan V is only about 35% faster than the Titan Xp in most things.

Having said that in proper DX12 it is a lot faster, sadly games don't really do genuine DX12.

Man of Honour
Isn't this sort of problem well-known and caused by the conversion between binary and decimal? And being well-known, it should be well-solved.

If I'm reading it right those kind of rounding error bugs shouldn't be creeping through at this level. Though they can be an issue at other times.

Maybe nVidia have accidentally implemented a true random number generator :D

Soldato
Could be the cards are too good at number crunching and are applying a bit of quantum physics into the results lol.:D

LOL.

Or even better, the scientific chaps may offload them if they're no use to them, so gamers can buy used ones on the cheap :D

One Titan V lightly used. I wonder if the ray-tracing will go slightly psychedelic though?? :p

Just hope they avoid a version numbering system for the firmware :p

LOL.
Could be because despite HBM2 there's no ECC; plus it looks like the new Titan has a fork of driver seperate from GeForce, and Tesla/Quadro?

It could be that.

Back
Top Bottom