Titanfall (Respawn Entertainment's new IP)

Soldato
The game is class ! Is anyone else getting screen tearing with v-sync off ? Getting 60 fps everywhere and tried all the combinations of enabling it in amd ccc etc. I have v-sync double buffered but it does cause a little bit of input lag on the mouse ! My origin name is wilko_dog if anyone fancies a game :)

I was getting shed loads of tearing until running the game in windowed mode without borders - suddenly no tearing and no vsync lag. See below:

Right click on Titanfall in Origin, select properties and paste -noborder -windowed to run the game in windowed mode. Add -novid and +cl_showfps 1 to get rid of the vids at launch and display fps too if you like.

Soldato
I have read that loads of people are having tearing issues with NVIDIA cards. I had it really bad so I disabled Vsync in game and turned it on via the NVIDA control panel, This resolved the issue for me.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I was getting shed loads of tearing until running the game in windowed mode without borders - suddenly no tearing and no vsync lag. See below:

Right click on Titanfall in Origin, select properties and paste -noborder -windowed to run the game in windowed mode. Add -novid and +cl_showfps 1 to get rid of the vids at launch and display fps too if you like.

Bonus of doing this is it makes ALT+TABBING faster also, for forum browsing between rounds :D

Soldato
I have to be honest but im struggling with this game, i dont know if its the pace or the fact there is so much going on or im not used to the maps but my k/d is shocking and some of my scores have been laughable. ill stick with it for sure but i hope i get better at it soon.

Caporegime
use the default gun its the best. unlock it. practice in titans.

make sure you use shield and ordinance and melee in like combos. when you rank up you get a titan knockout punch.

helps if you with decent players or a group though. randoms can be harsh :p

Associate
Loving this game atm. Only problem is if you want to win you need a team. I'm always getting put in games with people who don't understand what they are playing. They play Hardpoint or CTF but play like it's TDM.

Pretty annoying but the actual game play is brilliant!

Soldato
I am updating the names of players as they post on the forum, hopefully I have not missed anyone yet.

The original post is #1817 HERE

Still having fun. I might try an Ogre loadout tonight. I only have an hour or so before the wife is home, though! :p

EDIT - Two of the names given so far don't bring up any results on Origin when I search them, so I have crossed them out.

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
I am updating the names of players as they post on the forum, hopefully I have not missed anyone yet.

Still having fun. I might try an Ogre loadout tonight. I only have an hour or so before the wife is home, though! :p

aceytrixx -> aceytrixx

Not sure if I'll be on much during the week but I'll be around over the weekend I'm sure.

Caporegime

EDIT - Two of the names given so far don't bring up any results on Origin when I search them, so I have crossed them out.

Cheers

OK if people are interested I will use this post as an origin gamer handle post. Then if the OP comes in, they can add it to the original post on page 1. If you want your Origin ID adding to this post so we can play together, just put a single post below with your origin handle. This post might fall on its face, but I will give it a go :p lol

Format of list is Forum name -> Origin name, so I will start things off:

BuffetSlayer -> BuffetSlay3r
Mr.Cookie -> MrCookie73
MrMoonX -> MrMoonUK
WNB -> Prattler
Damov3 -> damotheblue
N19h7m4r3 -> N19h7m4r3
~>Dg<~ -> dgeesio
Woogie -> Woogieuk
Indie -> Luxotican
wilko_dog -> wilko_dog
K1LLSW1TCH -> K1LLSW1TCH987

Added myself. :)

Associate

Cheers

Add me to the list

zMarkon -> zMarkon

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom