Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
Soldato
Did you even know this existed? I didn't.

Terrible though it is, can't expect routine visits to 4,000 metres under water not to end in tragedy at some point.

Should never be allowed.

Should never be allowed? People shouldn’t be free to follow their dreams and passions if they are dangerous?

Utter nanny statism. The regulations in place exist as a safety net, people are free to peruse things they want to do.

Horse riding, motor racing, flying planes… all incredibly dangerous, all normalised.

Soldato
OP
Just heard this on the wireless and had to go away and read up on it, they've been out of contact for what, eight hours now? Surely this isn't going to end well :(
If the vessel buoyancy failed and they went down, that is not a nice way to go.

Would have been over quick if it was a rupture though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the main reason is that its a mass grave.

What possible value is there for a tourist to see it, other than gloating points.

I actually thought the wreck was a protected site, clearly not.
same reason folk go to auschwitz and the like. morbid curiosity, interest in history, loads of reasons why someone might want to see the wreck that are nothing to do with gloating points (whatever they are)
i'd love to be able to visit the titanic wreck, not to boast or gloat but purely from my own interest in the subject.

Soldato
Suppose, but you wouldn't see much beyond a few meters of it at one time. Much more information about it from the scientific surveys carried out and 3d modelled.
true but seeing it first hand, up close, is going to be very powerful (emotionally speaking) that said - if the wreck is in danger of damage because of these sub visits then of course they should be banned but just banning them 'cause people died onboard doesn't seem right to me either.

Back
Top Bottom