Titans (2018 (DC ) )

Associate
I'm also loving this too just watched episode 6 last night, it was a fun episode with old Robin and new Robin
Just finished watching that episode and loving the series so far. I got fed up with the Netflix marvel stuff due to drawn out story lines and the writers just padding out the episodes with characters having 1 moral crisis after another. But this seems to have good material and enough action spread though it to be entertaining.

Soldato
Really enjoying this so far, only about 4/5 episodes in so no idea of where they're going to take it but the first season is clearly trying to set the groundwork with the ongoing formula I'm guessing bedding in for season 2?

I've just watched the episode introducing the Doom Patrol, I think I'm right in saying they're working on a pin off show for them and if so I'm pretty excited, could be a more off the wall offering sort of in the same way that Legends is the Arrowverse's less serious ******* cousin. Very promising.

Soldato
I watched the first 4 episodes when they were first on and stopped watching as I wasn't enjoying it.

As people have said it got better, as did a friend of mine, I gave it a go from episode 5 onwards when it came on Netflix and I'm glad I did. The best episode was #9, the origin story of Hawk and Dove, but the final episode was a little weak to me.

I look forward to the next series.

Titans was renewed for a second season before the first episode aired. The showrunner decided that the S1 finale would actually work better as the opening episode of S2, and so decided to reshoot bits of Ep11 and finish the season on a cliffhanger. He also messed around with the episode order, and moved a few scenes between episodes, in order to accommodate the shorter format.

Bit disappointing really. When watching, it's really obvious that the end of the season has been messed with.

Soldato
Yeah, I noticed that too.

Still, I found it to be a pretty good series overall, and...

It was great to see an unleashed, no ****'s given version of Batman, along with a properly depraved Gotham

Soldato
I watched this over the past few days.
It was excellent, it has been built up rather well.
Nice ending, should prove interesting, we know who the big bad is, but there are so many different things going on that it makes it all very interesting.

Likeable characters, introduced at a reasonable rate, and able to pull from aspects all over the place.

Soldato
Did not expect that, Ser Jorah Mormont is Batman. Got to say though,
I do like the casting of Esai Morales as Deathstroke (Slade Wilson) and the look of his suit and armoury.
Although how in hell he's going to do anything against Raven now that she has access to her full powers is anyone's guess.

Associate
Is that mean they are going to be setting up the death or disappearance of Batman to fit in with Batwoman? Sure hope they do something where Dick or Jason rip her apart from modifying the batsuit then lol.

Soldato
Yes, but Batman has already been gone for a couple of years from the first ep of Batwoman and he is still about in Titans. I guess it could be an explanation of some sort but more likely the same explanation of when he went missing for years in the comics and after The Dark Knight, as apparently, the universe that Batwoman is in is closely related to that of the Nolan movies.

Although... it would have been very funny for BW making references to the Batsuit being a little more tight than he remembered in The Dark Knight rises.. :D

Back
Top Bottom