Tmobile are pretty tosh too

Soldato
I lost my phone on Friday night and had taken out the Tmob insurance, the brochure said 48 hours turnaround from reporting the phone until you get a new one. It turns out because my phone is 'of high value' the have to send out a form for me to fill in, get back to them, and only then will they start my claim - so its going to take at least a week before I get a new phone. In addition you can get a replacement sim in the Tmobile store, only on the phone which takes between 3-5 working days! Useless useless - I probably shall not be continuing my contract with them next year. At least carphone allowed you to walk into a store, get a new phone and sim instantly. Tmob are dire at this.

ps a bit tipsy

Soldato
OP
Vegeta said:
Ditto, lot of people are too harsh to early towards mobile companies, think just because they pay money they can get what they want, you pay for a service read what you pay for!

Its Tuesday now, I lost the mobile on Friday, I havent even received the forms that I need to send them before they can even consider my claim. In addition Tmobile didnt tell the insurance company that I had a replacement phone - which means an additional holdup. All I am doing is comparing the service to Carphonewarehouse - instant replacement sim card in the shop (makes sense surely) and instant mobile phone swap in store. Tmobile have been pretty poor.

Soldato
OP
Xionic said:
it would also be good to note that t-mobile dont actually sell insurance, its a company called Fonesafe that t-mobile pass u onto, and it is clearly stated in the T&C's of the insurance that your required to report the phone within 48 hours or the claims is void, it does not however state youll get a new one within those 48 hours.

also in regards to SIM's you can get an immediate replacement sim in any t-mobile store for £15, or you can await one to be delivered (normally next day) for £10

as above, read before u agree.

Xionic

I reported the phone lost within 24 hours and to fonesafe within 48 hours - however they are incredibly slow (see above), and it states several times in the brochure a 48 hour turnaround, no forms to fill in etc - both incorrect in my case. (because my phone was of a high value - what is the difference!?)

SIM's cannot be replaced in store, I went in to 2 stores and both said they havent had any in for 3 months, and told me the only way to get a sim was to call Tmobile.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
pitchfork said:
Tmobile suck anyway flext is stupid "900 mins or 1800 texts" £35 a month
Well, you could get a package with 900 minutes and 3000 texts for the same money, I got offered it on orange for £30 a month after chequeback with an N95, phones 4 u are ace. Tmobile get really dodgey signals round here anyway

You dont get 'unlimited' internet with Orange like you do on Tmob do you;)

Back
Top Bottom