TMobile Web n Walk

Associate
Guys,

Got a friend who works for tmobile and is getting me a half price line rental deal on flext 35

Gives you £180 quids worth of calls for 35 (half price 17.50)

Anyway, i have the option of web n walk, but i havent a clue what exactly this is, it says i can get broadband through my mobile handset when connected to my laptop!!! this would be handy for when im away on business, (5 days every 7 weeks)

Whats the deal with it? anyone got it?

cheers

Associate
OP
yeh, id like someone to explain that all to me in real world terms

is it any good?

can i use it on my laptop when im away on business?

can i use it via bluetooth on the laptop?

what speeds?

help........

Soldato
Bascially it depends on what sort of phone your are using, iirc 3G gives dl speeds of just less than 400kb/s (basic broadband speed)

how ever if you are on a 2G phone you will not get much quicker than 56k, aslong as you can get your laptop to accept the phone as its modem then you shouldn't have a problem using it on the go, however there is a 20gig a month limit on it.

Also do not use it out side of the UK as you will be raped with roaming charges.

Hope this helps a bit.

KaHn

Associate
Web 'n' walk

Fair use policy applies: Flext + web 'n' walk price plans provide unlimited internet browsing on mobile handsets in the UK. To ensure a high quality of service for all our customers, they are not to be used for other activities such as (but not limited to): modem access for computers, internet based video/audio streaming services, peer to peer file sharing, internet based video download and internet based telephony. If such use is detected, notice may be given, after which network protection controls may be applied which will result in a reduced speed of transmission

The T-Mob web site states the above with respect to Web and Walk. I note that it says that you are not to use the service for computer modem access. However, from this and other threads on OCUK, it would appear that people are using the mobiles to connect to the Net.

Has anybody found any probs with T-Mob with regard to using their mobiles to access the Net using Web and Walk?

Soldato
T-Mobile also support HSDPA on 3G, in my area I can get 1.8Mbps downstream on my vario2, it's the first phone i've had where internet access actually made sense, web and wlk only really comes into it's own if you have a smart phone

Soldato
As mentioned i think the web n walk is only really worth it if you have a pda type phone as the screens on most non wm5 phones are just to small

Associate
I've got the data card for my laptop on web n walk. It's ideal for surfing the net when you're out and about. When I switched broadband suppliers I used it at home for a few days and it worked superbly.

If you need to access the net when you're out and about then it the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom