To buy or not to buy...

Soldato
My wife is SUPER excited for RDR2, and as such, wants a newer console, we currently have a basic PS4 which is rarely used. I want an Xbox to play through the old halo games but I despise the interface, it's horrible and clunky (bought my nephews an Xbox one last month when I was back in the UK, setting it up was dire).

So, my suggestion is a PS4 pro and gift our current one to a children's home or something (it's barely worth $150...). However, and I agree with my wife here, the controller for the xbox is more comfortable to both of us.

We want both consoles, so should we just go ahead and buy a Xbox one X and a PS4 Pro or is it not worth it? Our TV is only a 1080p TV but we'll be getting a 4k OLED in a couple of months after our holidays are out of the way.

Edit: Oh, she wants a 'top end' console as she'd like to play at 4k with the new TV.

Soldato
I'd say in your situation buy both, use the ps4 you have to trade it against em even if only knocks off a little bit better than nothing.

There is also custom ps4 pads out there that you might prefer too

Soldato
OP
I'd say in your situation buy both, use the ps4 you have to trade it against em even if only knocks off a little bit better than nothing.

There is also custom ps4 pads out there that you might prefer too

We don't have the box, cables or bits and bobs, we left all that in the UK. Hence it's barely worth trading. It would go to much better use to a childrens home over in Oakland I think.

If both is an option then buy both you must.

I think you may be right. And with the PS5 (and undoubtably the next xbox) within a few years of release, we can sell on as we'll have all the guff with it.

Soldato
Well, if money is not a problem get both and gift that PS4 to the children's home, fully support that!

Both are solid consoles, I only have the Pro because I also use a PC and don't have the space or money for so much hardware. But the One X is decent, I hear. Just nothing out there on XBox that interests me.

fez

fez

Caporegime
We don't have the box, cables or bits and bobs, we left all that in the UK. Hence it's barely worth trading. It would go to much better use to a childrens home over in Oakland I think.

Well that just seems mean! "Here kids, have a PS4 without all the cables!"

Back
Top Bottom