To replay The Witcher 3 in NG+?

Associate
I loved The Witcher 3 and completed the main game and both expansions and did loads of side quests too. I’ve been getting nostalgic about it lately due to a lack of a decent game to get stuck into at the moment and also it’s been patched to include HDR which might be interesting to see.

Anyway has anyone replayed the game in NG+ and enjoyed it? I ask as I have to purchase the game again and so don’t want to and then find that I’m bored of it straight away.

Associate
OP
How is the draw distance on the hdr patch in 4K checkerboard? How’s the pop-in? Was never great before and was my main criticism of the Gfx. Does it still hold up well after HZD, GOW etc? Keen to know as I’ll have re buy it and it’s not in any sale!

Associate
OP
KCD is a super game, it plays more like a sandbox but is very in depth and rewarding, the storyline fantastic. I just completed it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Would KCD again.

Have patches improved the game? I stayed away as remember reviews said there were lots of bugs, glitches, and dodgy Gfx. Have these now all been fixed?

Associate
OP
Gonna pick Kingdom Come Deliverance up tomoz. Will let you know what I think: no idea what to expect really so will keep an open mind.

Associate
OP
Picked KCD up today so will give it a blast later.

Witcher 3 took me ages to get into as did HZD and GOW. I find only Naughty Dog AAA’s instantly grab me and R* too.

Associate
OP
Played probably about 4 hours of KCD today and really enjoyed it. Need to just try to get engrossed in the world and I think it might be really good. Seems quite deep Mechanically which is good.

Associate
OP
Still going strong with my Witcher 3, 80 hours and counting. I've skipped ahead a bit and journeyed to Toussaint to get the new mutation powers before I've even finished the main game.

Are you playing on PS4 pro in HDR? Interested to hear what ppl say about the draw distances and hdr implementation as played it before pro and my sammy ks8000 tv.

Associate
OP
I loved my first play through of Witcher 3, but I feel my second play through so far is much better, purely because I know all the mechanics, and how to execute parts of the game for maximum effect. The game really is a master piece.

Just need it to go bk in the sale again now!’

Associate
OP
Well I did buy it again but took it bk and lost half what I paid. Game had a bug where my steel sword was invisible. No way I could fix it and buying another wasn’t an option as it was a really powerful sword. Shame.

Associate
OP
Did you reload the game? Reinstall the game? Seems extreme to take it back after that!

Yes it’s a well known bug caused by patches with no fix. Applies to steel swords bought in Toussaint to anywhere else. Ruined the game and there’s no fix apart from get a new sword which wasn’t an option. Definitely where CPR do faulter a little is in the amount of bugs and poor performance at release up until over a year post release. Obviously this one was never going to get patched either. However W3 will always be one of my favourite games.

Back
Top Bottom