To Wide or not to Wide?

Associate
So I got my new rig last week(including a 8800GTX)and I now consider getting a 22" Widescreen(I like Samsung's latest monitor,pebble or something) to replace my LG 19" and move over to higher resolutions so I can enjoy my GTX :D.My main concern is if the new games are going to support WS resolutions(not just some games,all of them).Should I go wide,or its better to keep my (just)1 year old LG?

Soldato
most games actually display the image in widescreen res , so you will see extra pixels at the sides of your screen etc , no stretching going on

Soldato
Just to clarify it is not widescreen is it ? it's just a 4:3 image stretched right?.
No, any game with proper widescreen support not only supports widescreen resolutions, it also has a different horizontal FOV when using those resolutions. Nothing is stretched and you see more.
Yeah but for any extra pixels you gain at the side you lose at the top and bottom. : )
If you're just talking about the resolution of the screen, then yes a 20" widescreen has less vertical resolution than a 20" non-widescreen (1050 vs 1200). If you're talking about what you see in games, then 95% of the time when widescreen is supported then you see the same vertically and more horizontally versus non-widescreen. There are exceptions though, like Stalker and Bioshock (although both are fixable).

Back
Top Bottom