TomTom Runner 2 (Spark) Cardio + Music versus Garmin Forerunner 235

Associate
Hi,
I've recently purchased the TomTom Runner 2 (Spark) Cardio watch and the Garmin Forerunner 235watch. I only intend to keep one so one must go back. I've had a little play with them but not too much as they need to be in new condition when I return one. The problem is I do not know which one I should take back. Can you guys help me please?

Looks:
I have no preference. The 235 is circular and traditional looking but the Spark is nice too.
1) Is it just me or do you find the 235 gets caught on work shirts more easily than the edge blending Spark?

Functionality:
The Spark having built in music capability is a BIG plus. This could well swing it. I haven't tried using the music feature yet (as trying to keep the watch new).
2) For those that have tried it, does the Spark music feature work well or are do you keep losing signal and I would be better off carrying my heavy phone with me?

Accuracy:
Heart Rate Monitoring and GPS accuracy is very important for me. I will not doubt wear a chest HRM when running but the rest of the time I will be relying on the optical HRM.
3) Which of the two has the most accurate optical Heart Rate Monitor and GPS signal, or are there both good/bad/average?

General Health Tracking:
I will simply be using the watch to keep tabs on my overall health levels (HR/Resting HR/general fitness levels). I will wear 24/7 but will only be doing cardio in the form of 4 three mile runs each week (for starters). I'm not fussed about split times, etc.. I simply want to record my distance (GPS), total time and average speed, and heart rate and heart rate zones. It will be nice if the watch can measure sleep patterns too and maybe give me an indication on how fit I am compare to the average person of my age.
4) Which of the two watches will be able to do what I wish above?

Other features:
I think I have mentioned all that I require above. I wouldn't be customizing the watch interfaces so I do not need that feature. The developers interface I'm sure will suit me fine.

I have read much online and watch many YouTube clips to try and understand what each watch has to offer, but I've read to much and now I'm confused. So I'm reaching out to you for help please??

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom