Tonnes of scammers in Paris.

Permabanned
As I strode through Gay Paris, my longcoat flowing in the wind as I burst through the hoards of Romanians intent on relieving me of my hard earned Sterling.

"I'm a Londoner don't you know" I pronounced as the Gypsys cowered in their rags.

Those blighters didn't know what hit them! For I, am an expert in the art of martial.

On that I proceeded to thunk them really hard on their noggins, resulting in the petrified rats running wild into the night. Fear and panic in their pink eyes.

I live to reap the benefits of another night in Paris.

God bless and Godspeed.

Soldato
"Basaidai". Shame on you, Shodan. It's spelt Bassai Dai. Also, I don't recall any leg sweeps (ashi barai) in that kata.

On the other side, I agree that Paris has gone downhill. It was lovely in the early 90s but now has some very rough edges. I found the same to be true of Rome when I visited there about 8 years ago.

Soldato
I got scammed out of 50 quid once by some roma gippos in copenhagen playing the cup game. I'd left the pub on a sunny afternoon and on the busy street there were about 15 people playing a game which piqued my interest. I stood watching for a while as various people won and lost money (little did I know they were in the same gang) As I placed my 500kr note on the winning cup I was pushed from behind and staggered, and during my momentary lapse they switched the cups round the buggers!

I was fully aware I had been scammed, but one of the sods followed me and told me if I took him to a cash machine he would give me 5000kr. I spat in his face and bid him good day.

I found the same to be true of Rome when I visited there about 8 years ago.

Milan, now thats a rough city!

Associate
As I strode through Gay Paris, my longcoat flowing in the wind as I burst through the hoards of Romanians intent on relieving me of my hard earned Sterling.

"I'm a Londoner don't you know" I pronounced as the Gypsys cowered in their rags.

Those blighters didn't know what hit them! For I, am an expert in the art of martial.

On that I proceeded to thunk them really hard on their noggins, resulting in the petrified rats running wild into the night. Fear and panic in their pink eyes.

God bless and Godspeed.

Haha brilliant :D

Caporegime
Well it was the city of love, you old romantic!

:p Paris in spring. /sigh

Also

Neo.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
Only a Black belt, lol i'm a Rainbow belt. Mastered all the belts and merged them into one thus increasing my power past peak human limitations.

Caporegime
Little did he know that I was a karate black belt and was promptly swept off of his feet, where he lay groaning with the wind knocked out of him. I stuffed the note into his mouth and promptly shouted in French "Try to mug me now **** face?".

Boxing stance? :D

While everyone loves a good story, if you're going to exaggerate somewhat then at least try to make it realistic.

Associate
Despite the tone of the OP and Karate-Stance, I had a very similar experience when I visited Paris.

I'm not the most self-assured of people and the chancers came close to ruining our trip. One lady even told my other half to **** off.

Soldato

God bless and Godspeed.

I normally just tell you to shut up.

In this case though, have a +1, great post :D

I got scammed out of 50 quid once by some roma gippos in copenhagen playing the cup game. I'd left the pub on a sunny afternoon and on the busy street there were about 15 people playing a game which piqued my interest. I stood watching for a while as various people won and lost money (little did I know they were in the same gang) As I placed my 500kr note on the winning cup I was pushed from behind and staggered, and during my momentary lapse they switched the cups round the buggers!

I was fully aware I had been scammed, but one of the sods followed me and told me if I took him to a cash machine he would give me 5000kr. I spat in his face and bid him good day.

Shame you're not as dangerous as the OP, but at least you are polite.

Back
Top Bottom