Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 remastered

Associate
After reading about the release fired up THPS2 for a play. Still plays as well as I remember back in the day, could easily loose a few hours to it. One of my favourite game soundtracks too. High hopes for this one!

Don
Associate
I hope the gameplay holds up. I've not really kept up with it, are the controls etc the same as the original? I've never gone back and played them, but my general feeling is that the old school "press the buttons in the right order" type control scheme just won't hold up to what Skate had, and how Skater XL and Session are approaching it.

Associate
Just downloaded the demo at it seems pretty faithful, the opening vid is a good watch.

Runs at 60fps on the One X and graphically looks really nice.

Demo is only available via digital preorder (I plan to cancel and buy physical), you play as Tony in Warehouse for 2 mins - nothing too elaborate but good to know how it plays etc, which is as I remember.

Just a slight grievance, every time you do a trick Tony makes "wooo" noises, there seems to be a total of 2 or 3 whole variations so that gets stale quickly. Other than that, very much looking forward to 4th Sept.

Associate
Smidgen of good news - you can cancel the digital preorder via Microsoft website direct, just hit cancel under purchase history.

Hooray, I was expecting a laborious back and forth with support agents.

Tempted to go for the ltd edition with THPS deck...

Back
Top Bottom