Too high voltage for my ram ?

Associate
Hey all, i kept gettin a blue screen of death and i posted it up on the forums here and it was suggested to increase the voltage to my ram, finally at 3.2 volts my computer is stable, i just wondered wether putting 3.2 volts through my ram would make a huge problem to the ram, is it likely to die in a few weeks if i leave that voltage?

Cheers all.

Computer - AMD 3700
RAM - 2GB Patriot
Motherboard - DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-D

Last edited:
yea the ram seems pretty cool, ill run some ram tests on it and see how hot it gets under stress.

Basically the reason i am increasing the voltage is because anything under 3.2 and the games i play crash ALL the time, i increased to 3.2 and the games crash less frequenty, i just wondered wether it is possible to go any higher with the DFI motherboard cause there is only a 3.2 v maximum selection.

2Gb DDR PC3200 Patriot Low Latency Dual Channel kit - Part number: PDC2G3200LLK.

Spec here.

I dont see why i should have to increase the voltage just to make it stable, do u think i should send the ram back because it has lifetime warrenty, or do u think that the motherboard could be the source of the problem here?

the thing is i ran memtest on it, and it says that there where no errors, however everything points to the ram being the problem, all the error codes after the crashs point to RAM being the problem, and wen i increase the ram voltage it does make it more stable, but still crashes occasionly.

Dove32 said:
the thing is i ran memtest on it, and it says that there where no errors, however everything points to the ram being the problem, all the error codes after the crashs point to RAM being the problem, and wen i increase the ram voltage it does make it more stable, but still crashes occasionly.

r u overclocking? kinda psu u got for u dfi board ? do u have all 4 connectors in mb for stabilty?

before u think of sending anything bak, head over 2 dfi forums, check there stock & overclocking databases, 99% u will c ppl with your kinda set-up, dfi boards can b real fussy sometimes when memory timings ect, if ram setting's not right.

Would deffo decrease those volts going throu ram, bit high :( g/l

3.2v is quite a lot for the IC's on that ram. 2.9-3v max should be plenty even if you're overclocking.
What voltages have you tried so far?

seems to be ok at 2.9, i increased the voltage to my chipset a little and it seems to be more stable now, just tweaking it really to best suit the componants i have i guess. Cheers for all the help guys :D

Back
Top Bottom