Too many credit cards? aka "The Credit Card thread"

Bit of a bump.

I use ClearScore for my credit rating and have a score of 858 which I assume is pretty good. I notice that they can do an affordability score by linking your bank account and I'm wondering if I should? I'd like to get a personal loan at some point and curious if this will increase my chances?
inb4 credit score doesn't exist.

Each bank will use their own criteria. The only thing you can do to improve it is to regularly use and pay in full your CC, be on the electoral role etc. If you have a CC it shouldn't be more than 50% utilised if possible.

inb4 credit score doesn't exist.

Each bank will use their own criteria. The only thing you can do to improve it is to regularly use and pay in full your CC, be on the electoral role etc. If you have a CC it shouldn't be more than 50% utilised if possible.
Understood. Thank you. I do have a credit card but it gets paid off at the end of each month.

I currently use BA Amex Premium Plus for my main card, this is probably 75% of my spending
Barclaycard Avios as my back up for non Amex places

I have Halifax Clarity for use abroad

I also dip in and out on the Virgin Atlantic reward+ card when I need a 2 for 1 flight voucher

I have also had the Amex Platinum in past where I would take a big sign up bonus and exploit the freebies as quick as possible, I would then go to cancel and get the pro rata fee refund and they would offer more points, I would take these and then cancel for real soon after, unfortunately they have stopped pro rata refunds so this no longer works

Back
Top Bottom