Toshiba E1 HD DVD player?

Permabanned
Maybe I dreamed it but was the Toshiba E1 going for £200(ex vat) on OCUK for a few days?....had the who;e X360 and addon drive but that piece of crap died and don't want to buy another one of them noise ridden things but its now going for £250(ex vat) pity as had the credit card out ready to order after thinking about for too long it seems.

Permabanned
OP
its a pity that I didn't get the finger out sooner...I've got the PS3 for the BluRay side of things but don't really care for either format over the other just want good films in the HD format....still have my Pioneer LD player along with 40+ flicks, I've about 10 HD DVD and 15 BD...have the HD DVD addon connected to the PC but just not the same as a dedicated player...ah well maybe next time, don't want a XE1 as the brother has one and its not without its problems but at least the E1 at £200 ex vat was a steal.

Soldato
macker515 said:
its a pity that I didn't get the finger out sooner...I've got the PS3 for the BluRay side of things but don't really care for either format over the other just want good films in the HD format....still have my Pioneer LD player along with 40+ flicks, I've about 10 HD DVD and 15 BD...have the HD DVD addon connected to the PC but just not the same as a dedicated player...ah well maybe next time, don't want a XE1 as the brother has one and its not without its problems but at least the E1 at £200 ex vat was a steal.

You sound disappointed like you've missed the boat - they are available for £200 INCL vat

Soldato
macker515 said:
Just checked the site and they are listed at £293 inc vat...which is still a lot cheaper than some others...

I didn't say they were available from here at that price.

Sorry if that was the impression I gave.

Permabanned
OP
No I knew that....just that I'm in Ireland so limited to were I can order from not everyone ships overhere. How have you found the operation of the player any problems...my brothers XE1 is a lovely bit of kit but have seen some niggles like it not wanting to play some HD DVDs at times then only to play them a moment later and I know the last version of Dances with Wolves is out of sync with DTS but not on the DD track....(the 768 one not the original 1.5 release).
Have you found the upscaling quality good or is it just like the current £100 DVD players Philips, Samsung, etc... (not knocking them as have 1 of each)

Soldato
macker515 said:
No I knew that....just that I'm in Ireland so limited to were I can order from not everyone ships overhere. How have you found the operation of the player any problems...my brothers XE1 is a lovely bit of kit but have seen some niggles like it not wanting to play some HD DVDs at times then only to play them a moment later and I know the last version of Dances with Wolves is out of sync with DTS but not on the DD track....(the 768 one not the original 1.5 release).
Have you found the upscaling quality good or is it just like the current £100 DVD players Philips, Samsung, etc... (not knocking them as have 1 of each)

I didn't buy it for myself but I watched my mate set it up.

TBH, in the hour or so I was there, I couldn't find fault with it other than it seemed to take a long time to spin up to speed and find what it was looking for - kinda like when you have dirty or scratched discs.

Picture quality is great both with HD DVDs and upscaled normal DVDs

Back
Top Bottom