Toshiba P200 Video problem

Associate
hi someone has given me a toshiba p200 laptop, basically when you turn the power on the sceen stays black, the HD flashes once and the light on the dvd drive stays lit up. i have tried various fixes like taking the dvd drive out, menory etc etc. The CPU fan will spin for 10 seconds after power up but then just stop.

I have tried a cable out of the monitor connection to my lcd and nothing happens.

What is it do you think, the cpu or gaphics card?

Also i need some instructions to take it to bits!

Any help please, cheers rob

Soldato
cpu's dont fail that often its more likely the mainboard, this model can have intergrated or a seperate gfx card depending on the model, taking it apart is basically all the screws out the base and take the battery, hd, cd drive, any panels off sometimes hidden screws, flip it over keyboard strip cover, keyboard unplug the cables some are very delicate so be careful, then screws in the topcase, screen brackets, screen off, routing the wifi and lcd harness off carefully, then prise the topcase apart with a flat plastic tool so as not to damage the paint, then its down to mainboard level, just make a note of cable routings, and theres possible one or two screws holding the mainboard in, bear in mind this is guide from memory, so could be slightly diferent, but dont attempt it if you dont feel confident enough it quite a tricky little unit to take apart, so you do it at your own risk :p

Back
Top Bottom