Totally baffled with a problem... Help!

Soldato
So I have a problem with a dell 9020 optiplex pc running windows 7 and a brother hl-l6400dw.

When i send a test page it prints once and then you get the yellow exclamation mark and printer stops and goes offline. Reseating usb cable can fix this.

I've replaced the pc, usb cables twice and printer twice. The same issue occurs. I've had brother tech visit and update the firmware on printer and its running the latest drivers. Still the same.

We've proved its not the printer by printing to a different laptop and it prints over and over as expected.

The dell 9020 has been replaced as i mentioned and they were on differing driver/software versions. The original 9020 was in situ for 3 years and not had many driver or windows updates. The newer pc i built and updated through dell command update and windows update.

Still get the same issue. Every other dell 9020 and brother hl-l6400dw in the estate does not have this issue and they're all on the same build.

Ive run a sfc /scannow thinking it might be spooler or something but no joy. I now have absolutely no idea how to fix this. Do you?

Back
Top Bottom