touchpad issues with ASUS FX505DT

Associate
Hello all,

I've purchased a new laptop from OC and am having issues with the touchpad only when I have it charging. Searching google this is a common problem and its recommended to update the drivers which I have attempted to do. (it had the latest one anyway)

I have gone on the ASUS website and as per the instructions uninstalled the chipset driver, installed updated chipset drivers (I'm not convinced this worked properly). I then try and run the updated touchpad driver but again that doesn't seem to happen. The cmd box (not sure how to refer to this?) pops up then promptly disappears. I spoke to ASUS customer service who reckon this is normal. They then told me how to do something on the BIOS screen which I did (load default settings).

ASUS customer services said if this didn't work to get another from OC.

Has anyone had similar issues & any workarounds? Am I doing something wrong? I'm no good with computers really but I can follow instructions to fix stuff.

Soldato
Answering so I can keep track of your post. :)
If it's a known issue with a brand new laptop
Should not have to mess around to make something as basic as the touchpad work
I would contact ocuk about it
Rather than waste more time trying stuff

Associate
I have the 505DV and can you explain the problem you are having?

TBH the only issue I have with mine, been faultless since new is the touchpad. If this is a know problem I would be interested to know.

Does it jump around and not respond? I use mine at the desk so use a mouse but when I use the trackpad it's very poor.

Associate
OP
Well OC agreed to exchange the laptop which is good news. The touchpad basically jumps around and is not steady as I drag across the screen. Then other times it stops completely for a few seconds.

Google said it's an issue with static electricity interfering with the touchpad. Especially when there is no earth when charging (ie in a van like I'm doing).

Associate
Well OC agreed to exchange the laptop which is good news. The touchpad basically jumps around and is not steady as I drag across the screen. Then other times it stops completely for a few seconds.

Google said it's an issue with static electricity interfering with the touchpad. Especially when there is no earth when charging (ie in a van like I'm doing).

Is the new one the same?

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom