Tour de France 2014 in UK

Soldato
A guy at work said to me the other day (Manchester > Sheffield distance)

"I'll probably just pop up on the morning of the stage"

Yeah, good luck with that :rolleyes:

We've got a couple of pitches booked at a campsite near Muker so looking forward to seeing the caravan go through.

Caporegime
A guy at work said to me the other day (Manchester > Sheffield distance)

"I'll probably just pop up on the morning of the stage"

Yeah, good luck with that :rolleyes:

We've got a couple of pitches booked at a campsite near Muker so looking forward to seeing the caravan go through.

Don't say that, I'm planning on getting to Oldham and then cycling from there to Holmfirth on the Sunday. It will probably be pure gridlock, though.

Soldato
I'm working the Saturday and Sunday unfortunately but might try and work out a way of catching Stage 3. Saw it in France 3 years ago and you can't beat the atmosphere and sheer volume of people.

Caporegime
Right, my travel plans are pretty much set. I'm cycling to Holme Moss on the Sunday morning and meeting friends there who are camping nearby. I figure if I set off about seven or half past I can be there between ten and eleven, though there is a 1000ft climb to get to Holmfirth and then however much of Holme Moss I climb...

Soldato
Found out yesterday I'm on the race route for Stage 1 - don't know where in Leeds yet but we have to meet at 5.30am :eek: At least I'm not a supervisor, they have to meet at 4.30am!

Soldato
Looks like its shaping up nicely for a good race. The Criterium de Dauphine is typically a warm up event for the Tour and is already illustrating some good racing amongst the "big favourites" as Sean Kelly would say.

Yesterdays stage featured an uphill finish on a Hors Categories mountain. for the last 4km it was attack after attack as Froome, Contador, Nibali, Kelderman and Talansky juked it out for the stage win. If you missed it I'd encourage you to try and catch the highlights as it was great racing. Froome with his ungainly style and Bert stuck to his back wheel the whole way. Nibali looked short of the other two's level and will be under a lot of pressure now.

Arguably only Valverde of the major Tour contendors is missing from this race so its a great indicator of what might happen in a months time.

Caporegime
Looks like its shaping up nicely for a good race. The Criterium de Dauphine is typically a warm up event for the Tour and is already illustrating some good racing amongst the "big favourites" as Sean Kelly would say.

Yesterdays stage featured an uphill finish on a Hors Categories mountain. for the last 4km it was attack after attack as Froome, Contador, Nibali, Kelderman and Talansky juked it out for the stage win. If you missed it I'd encourage you to try and catch the highlights as it was great racing. Froome with his ungainly style and Bert stuck to his back wheel the whole way. Nibali looked short of the other two's level and will be under a lot of pressure now.

Arguably only Valverde of the major Tour contendors is missing from this race so its a great indicator of what might happen in a months time.

I'd like to see Rodriguez in the tour again this year, but I guess it depends on how he's doing after his crash in the Giro.

Associate
im planning on watching the your from the huge mountain past holmfirth where hopefull get a spot up there right on th top

no idea what time too arrivre though

should be a fun day out

Back
Top Bottom