Township Tale

Soldato
Thought it best to start a new thread for this, as it may make appearances in the Hangout, but shouldn't become the main focus.

I completed the steps to the blacksmith Melmac, which unlocked an achievement for discovering the whole town. Made a big pickaxe and put it in the chest near the mines.

Some of the trees drop seeds that you can plant, maybe the mature ones. I was daft and just planted it where I was, but I figure if we collect them, we could setup a small forest near the carpentry building over time. Now I can't get to any full grown trees without the tree people mobbing me.

Soldato
Thought it best to start a new thread for this, as it may make appearances in the Hangout, but shouldn't become the main focus.

I completed the steps to the blacksmith Melmac, which unlocked an achievement for discovering the whole town. Made a big pickaxe and put it in the chest near the mines.

Some of the trees drop seeds that you can plant, maybe the mature ones. I was daft and just planted it where I was, but I figure if we collect them, we could setup a small forest near the carpentry building over time. Now I can't get to any full grown trees without the tree people mobbing me.

Great work!! Another thing you should do if you are on, is check out a few of the chests around the place. Stuff spawns in them every day. Some of the stuff I have no clue what it is. I know where 4 of them are. Will show you them later if you are around.

Soldato
OP
I didn't realise stuff respawns in the chests. I've found a few, will keep checking them when I pass now.

Planted an acorn opposite the carpentry building, hopefully it'll grow. I think they automatically respawn once chopped down fully too. Got a load of wood though, don't know if we need more. Made a couple of decent pickaxes, next step is down the mines I reckon.

I will try and get on at 5pm tonight, no guarantees though.

EDIT - I mean I'm sure we'll need more wood, but just for now I think we're probably OK. Worth checking the little trees that grow not too deep into the woody area though, see if we get more seeds.

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't realise stuff respawns in the chests. I've found a few, will keep checking them when I pass now.

Planted an acorn opposite the carpentry building, hopefully it'll grow. I think they automatically respawn once chopped down fully too. Got a load of wood though, don't know if we need more. Made a couple of decent pickaxes, next step is down the mines I reckon.

EDIT - I mean I'm sure we'll need more wood, but just for now I think we're probably OK. Worth checking the little trees that grow not too deep into the woody area though, see if we get more seeds.

A lot of the stuff in the slots in the carpentry building are items that I have gathered from those chests.

Will be planting an apple tree tonight somewhere near the inn. There is a green space there just on the way to the mines.

Soldato

Are you sure it was an acorn?

Soldato
OP
Are you sure it was an acorn?

It looked acorny? Maybe it was something else?

Fun going into the mines, but those enemies hit hard! Crafted a backpack, grabbed a couple of shovels from the carpentry area, but they're in my backpack, wasn't sure where to store them. Crafted a hammer and knife to stay in the backpack crafting area too, to hammer nails and cut leather. Had just enough leather, 2 leather strips left over. Needed a lot of the buckle things too, but I made quite a few, will make quite a few more and shuttle them over at some point.

Next job I think is to try and kill a load of birds and stock up on cooked meat.

Soldato
It looked acorny? Maybe it was something else?

Fun going into the mines, but those enemies hit hard! Crafted a backpack, grabbed a couple of shovels from the carpentry area, but they're in my backpack, wasn't sure where to store them. Crafted a hammer and knife to stay in the backpack crafting area too, to hammer nails and cut leather. Had just enough leather, 2 leather strips left over. Needed a lot of the buckle things too, but I made quite a few, will make quite a few more and shuttle them over at some point.

Next job I think is to try and kill a load of birds and stock up on cooked meat.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/giant-acorn.18933199/

Soldato
OP
:cry::cry:

Right. More leather now in the backpack crafting area, not sure if it's enough but try. You'll probably need to cut one of them up into strips with the knife. Careful with the hammering, get it wrong and you can destroy pieces I think, some stuff just gets given back.

Made myself a sword and killed one of the spitter things in the dust bowl, mined a bit of stone there and put it in the building on the way to the mines. There's more stone in the blacksmith too that'll need to move.

I think we have a stick of dynamite (maybe in the carpentry?), there's a wall we could destroy at the dustbowl, that I think gives us access to a few more chests.

Soldato
OP
Couldn't resist another little play, it is rather addictive!

We've got 2 dynamites, there's a wall just behind the blacksmith, and another beyond the dust bowl, my vote is for those two. Obviously lets at least do the first one together since it's quite exciting!

There's a chest past the first lot of treemen, but there's a load there as well, and I kept dropping the stuff into the water, so missed out on some leather :(.

Found out what the weird chain thing in the blacksmith is, it's for holding all the molds, so you can easily browse through them.

Soldato
Couldn't resist another little play, it is rather addictive!

We've got 2 dynamites, there's a wall just behind the blacksmith, and another beyond the dust bowl, my vote is for those two. Obviously lets at least do the first one together since it's quite exciting!

There's a chest past the first lot of treemen, but there's a load there as well, and I kept dropping the stuff into the water, so missed out on some leather :(.

Found out what the weird chain thing in the blacksmith is, it's for holding all the molds, so you can easily browse through them.

It is very addictive. I just wish I had the time to put into it. I can get on for half hours here and there. But it's not really long enough to achieve anything.

I found those two dynamites in the chests at the mine. So thought they might be for deeper levels in the mine. But, yeah, we can blow up a wall instead.

Sounds like we need to go to war with some tree men :)

Soldato
OP
It is very addictive. I just wish I had the time to put into it. I can get on for half hours here and there. But it's not really long enough to achieve anything.

I found those two dynamites in the chests at the mine. So thought they might be for deeper levels in the mine. But, yeah, we can blow up a wall instead.

Sounds like we need to go to war with some tree men :)

I keep dropping in for half an hour, check chests, or chop a tree etc. Found more dynamite, so we can use some in the mines, and still have left overs.

There's a few things I'd like to do together. Blow up passes at blacksmith and dust bowl, and build the bridge at the mountain pass (I've chopped enough wood now), then head down the pass to the warriors shrine (there's a load of crates and pots that spawn there apparently).

I've now found out that we need iron for just about everything, which is only available deep in the mines (like level 15+ I think), so we'll probably need to team up for that! Once we get 50 though, we can build the re-smelter thing at the blacksmith, and melt down iron plates (that we can get from buckets and cauldrons) to get iron, so won't need to go down the mines so much until we want new materials.

Soldato
OP
Double post I know, but 2 things. 1. I lost my sword :( no idea how, must have thought I'd put it in a side pocket and missed. 2. Buckets are the most important thing in the game for us at the moment :D, 1 bucket = 2 iron ingots if you break it up with a sword! I only know there are buckets by the well like area, if you know of any others, let me know!

Oh, and there's definitely enough leather now for you to build a proper 9 slot backpack.

Soldato
That happens a lot!! If you drop something by accident and it falls down on something else or behind something, it just disappears.

There is one bucket beside the Inn where we have the food stores. They spawn sometimes in chests too.

Going to be on this evening between 5 and 7. So should get some stuff done then.

Soldato
OP
That happens a lot!! If you drop something by accident and it falls down on something else or behind something, it just disappears.

There is one bucket beside the Inn where we have the food stores. They spawn sometimes in chests too.

Going to be on this evening between 5 and 7. So should get some stuff done then.

I found it I think, unless you made one. It's in the mining house on the shelves, so if you want to grab it.

I'll try and be on for those times, should be able to. Want to blow some stuff up and build some stuff :D, got enough sandstone (white rock) for the well I think, and enough wood for the mountain pass bridge. I've found a shovel mold, but until we can start making some handles we're still going to struggle!

Soldato
OP
Well that was a productive 2 hours! Apart from the crashing and struggling to load in, new patch seems to have some teething issues!

Blew up a lot of stuff, built quite a bit too. I'll try and chop down a load of trees next time, as well as doing a chest run, get a few hundred wood and hopefully some recipes for handles!

Soldato
Yeah, it wasn't bad at all. Lots of exploring.

I will have to do some crafting. I got zero skills in anything at the moment.

@ShiWarrior and @NightSt@lk3r If either of you are going to be around over the weekend let us know. Be good to get 3/4 people on a mining run.

Back
Top Bottom