Trade sales of Xbox/Xbox360 gear

Associate
I'm looking for a supplier (to trade) of console related gear, be it games or hardware. Googling is pointless, any number of scams and semi-scams designed to entice normal folk into thinking they are getting trade deals.

I'm fairly set to go with an online shop and I've been trading through Amazon for quite a while (not in competition with OC! None of the same products they sell) and have got an efficient system in place for accepting and processing orders and returns.

I started off with just £50 and some spare time. I just want to grow nice and slowly so that I can keep a handle on things and keep the quality of service as high as possible.

If anyone knows a reliable supplier that doesn't take the mickey, I'd love to hear from you!

Associate
I don't know of any suppliers but usually suppliers won't touch you unless you are VAT registered.

If you are indeed VAT registered then good luck! :)

Associate
OP
Having a business account at a bank is a prerequisite of becoming VAT registered.

I can't think of many small firms that are VAT registered, the benefits are far outweighed by the costs of maintaining accounts to the specification required of VAT registration. The amount of paperwork (or SAGE work) is unbelievable!

Until turnover reaches £60k/year, there's no requirement for VAT registration.

Guess I'll have to keep on searching!

Soldato
StefanHolmes said:
Having a business account at a bank is a prerequisite of becoming VAT registered.

I can't think of many small firms that are VAT registered, the benefits are far outweighed by the costs of maintaining accounts to the specification required of VAT registration. The amount of paperwork (or SAGE work) is unbelievable!

Until turnover reaches £60k/year, there's no requirement for VAT registration.

Guess I'll have to keep on searching!

Off topic, but you can get the lowest version of sage for about 100quid, and VAT returns only involve clicking a button and copying the figures off once a quarter.. hardly a major headache :)

Shouldn't matter too much if you're VAT registered if you are only buying kit off a supplier, but you most probably only get a cash account, rather than a credit account.

Back
Top Bottom