Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
hahaha oh yes, I rebought every single low point of course. Not at all on upticks during that...
This is why I don't try and chase it. If I try, I'll fail to buy at the right time. I just know if I keep buying and lower my entry price average, it will all work out long term:p
You can't really go wrong with this strategy. End of each month I punt some cash into my SIPP and S&S ISA. Then just wait until the inevitable bad news red day, make the buys, job done.

If I was sitting on 50k cash right now, I'd just be doing that with a few k each month. Every red day is just another opportunity to buy in lower if you're cost averaging in. There is a floor to these corrections....I don't think we're that far off it now. I am not a financial adviser and all that :D

Soldato
If I was sitting on 50k cash right now, I'd just be doing that with a few k each month. Every red day is just another opportunity to buy in lower if you're cost averaging in. There is a floor to these corrections....I don't think we're that far off it now. I am not a financial adviser and all that :D
I've been using a number of alternative investment companies for wine, watch, fractional property investments and art. Good balance and tangible assets.

Soldato
The fund will buy into the lows if its accumulative not income, nothing wrong with FTSE in that respect. I decided to go with a Vanguard fund that selects higher div types

If NFLX keeps on like that it would seem an overreaction. Clipping off Russian users from their figures forced a loss in users? that would not have occurred otherwise is something I heard briefly
If 2017 highs dont register ($180) see if 2015 & 2016 raise volume ($120)

Soldato
Any money I make online in any way, I put into a specific BUX account and buy shares there. I bought a couple of BXMT shares today with cash that came into the account. I'll buy more when I have more coming in. It's a REIT, Blackstone Mortgage Trust that pays an 8% dividend.

Soldato
What's the general consensus with the Vanguard managed funds, 100% LifeStrategy is unsurprisingly 10% down right now.

Continue to contribute monthly investment (DCA)?
Pause monthly investment and leave current fund stagnant for the time being?
Withdraw all funds and take the loss?

Soldato
What's the general consensus with the Vanguard managed funds, 100% LifeStrategy is unsurprisingly 10% down right now.

:confused: talking about panic-realising a 10% paper loss on a fund?

What's your investment horizon? If it's more than a week, then just leave it and keep DCA.

Soldato

It's what I'm in, I just keep putting money in every month.

Soldato
I dropped a lump sum on Tech shares 22 yrs ago - So after buy backs -buy outs - 2 for one I am now sitting on a good 75%

The company is still going strong.

LOSS. - been there and suffered the loss. :mad:

Soldato
Stop checking the price then :p

Selling and realising that loss after the markets have been plunging for months is the worst thing you could do.

You'll lose 10% this year by holding it as cash remember.
This.
I did a video on YT about DCA but I can't share it because it'll be classed as promotion. I used beer as analogy and ended up drinking too many of them during the filming, but still. It's valid. DCA is key.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Global downturn has very much already started but its going to get a lot worse over the next year or so IMO.

People have had it so good for song long that I think a lot of people are going to struggle to adapt to their budgets being massively squeezed and a lot of people simply won't adapt or can't. Companies will do what they always do and protect profits over people so it could get real nasty. Personally I am staying out of the markets for a little while.

Soldato
Another here with some money in funds (not huge amounts vs others). Time to not bother checking, even though its hard not to. Plan is to keep my low £ monthly buys as suggested by others

I'm down significantly on a few tech shares I brought individually (FOMO maybe...who knows.) - Intel, Nvidia, AMD, as well as a tech fund. Those aren't huge amounts fortunately, but again no point at looking at it right now.

IAG - down hard right now (what a yoyo this has been). Lets see if we see signs of that bouncing back up after the summer schedule is sorted and see how many people can afford holidays.

Back
Top Bottom