Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Anyone else getting annoyed with the order fill time on 212, I had an order in for Alpine 4 Technologies, when I placed the order it was at 3.011, by the time the order went through it was 3.67 so I missed about 20% profit that could have been made on it..

Caporegime
if its an OTC stock though there's not always people buying/selling it seems and a lot of the trading is OTC and not digital I gather.

some of you guys must have nice profits in PHE by now if you held?
up 30% from when someone posted about it on this forum.

They won't own the plants they are making with PEEL LG they will get a 500,000 a year licensing fee per plant with 11 plants planned.
but from what I gather the rest are based on the first plant actually working as it should.

Soldato
Anyone else getting annoyed with the order fill time on 212, I had an order in for Alpine 4 Technologies, when I placed the order it was at 3.011, by the time the order went through it was 3.67 so I missed about 20% profit that could have been made on it..

I find if it doesn't go through instantly, I cancel and redo

Soldato
Just topped up in Argo blockchain (ARB.L)

Crypto miner, thought it worth a punt with bitcoin doing what it is and the profit / mcap position is very sensible compared to peer valuations on the nasdaq etc. (MARA / HIVE / RIOT for example)

Got in at 9p and 15p, only 500 quid each time bit an interesting way to get some tax free exposure to crypto without all of the hard work :D

Good call. I got in around 18p but up 85% in a week!

Caporegime
mining crypto there is probably almost 0profit at all after even electric costs and they are basically making a profit from the rising price of BTC if they hold for long enough?
May as well invest in BTC yourself and not be locked to stockmarket trading hours?

Someone explain ARGO cos their website is dog poop for investors info and it's basically "we mine, look at our machines covered in fans, buy out stock please, to the moon crypto hype"

Are they mining coins and keeping the coins?
Are they mining and selling the hashpower instead?
Are they holding various cryptos incase they boom?
Do they have any crypto wallets so we can see what they hold for transparency ?
cos there website is basically "our goal is to support crypto"
are they staking any cryptos via defi then to support crypto?
I don't see it explained how they plan to make a profit?

Last edited:
Soldato
if its an OTC stock though there's not always people buying/selling it seems and a lot of the trading is OTC and not digital I gather.

They won't own the plants they are making with PEEL LG they will get a 500,000 a year licensing fee per plant with 11 plants planned.
but from what I gather the rest are based on the first plant actually working as it should.

I'm up 80% so far, just a shame I don't have thousands I'm willing to lose and only put £50 :o:D

I believe they own the plans and the technology, so hopefully this plant goes well and more start popping up internationally!

Soldato
How does a company with a £4.67mil market cap and 30k revenue up from 0 build a port in India?
Sounds a lot like a fund I think it was setup as which owned, built and operated ports and various infrastructure in India and it was tiny like that. I think they did partnerships in a lot of cases just like small oilers will get buy-ins, never made a profit from it overall despite India having giant amounts of growth potential. Wish I had just gone with JII in 2000 when I had the prospectus, just the fees put me off; I did buy it since a few times and their options including this year but I've sold most. Hope I can buy it in the next batch of gloom, I still think volatility is a bull market which justifies gold I guess as a natural counter weight to numerous nonsense priced assets / returns.

aZsrdaL.png

The BTC share thing is something I considered also but you are trading the hype. Miners arent more profitable with a higher price especially afaik, its not like a physical mine with invested costs vs profit margin expansion on commodity rises.

Enter the http://stockchallenge.co.uk/ for 2021 if want, includes spread costs etc.

Caporegime
PHE is mentioned in this article
https://www.hydrogenutopia.eu/konin
The first project by Hydrogen Utopia International is in Konin, Poland with the focus on tackling Greater Poland’s un-recyclable plastic and energy problem. We have applied for a grant of 12.5 million Euros under the EU Innovation Grant to develop a Powerhouse (AIM:pHE) DMG plant to turn plastic into hydrogen and electricity. Depending on the success of the EU funding application process, the remaining funding will be provided in the form of equity from Hydrogen Utopia International with the assistance of the London Stock Exchange licensed broker firm Turner Pope. This will be led by advisor Howard White who is a seasoned entrepreneur and investor and has an extensive experience in fund raising and the hydrogen market.

The project will firstly focus on supplying hydrogen to buses or other captive fleets, which won’t require heavy investments in a hydrogen distribution network. Considering that a single bus or truck uses around 12 tonnes of hydrogen per year, and that the Powerhouse (AIM:pHE) DMG Waste-to-Energy installation will have an annual capacity of hydrogen production of up to 667 tonnes, this is the first step to bringing hydrogen power to Poland in a meaningful way. As a consequence, Hydropolis United, on behalf of Hydrogen Utopia International has engaged in talks, with a number of public transport companies & waste collection companies, that could be interested in replacing their ICE vehicles with FCEV’s.
it's another plant PHE are just licensing out for 500k or whatever like the protos one though by the sounds of it.
to the moon?

Soldato
I am wanting to put around £200 in per month and have around £5k max to play with in funds I can afford to use at the moment. I'm not expecting to be a millionaire or anything, just want my money to work for me over the longer term...

Caporegime
I am wanting to put around £200 in per month and have around £5k max to play with in funds I can afford to use at the moment. I'm not expecting to be a millionaire or anything, just want my money to work for me over the longer term...
make an account on trading212 or wherever.

don't buy crap people suggest on reddit, twitter, or this thread without your own research.
MSN stock screener seems pretty easy to read for a free one https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/stockscreener/
don't buy in to a stock when it's around it's weekly peak unless you want to be instantly in the red for at-least another week.
never try to buy a share during a time the market is closed @ market price, always do a limit order

obviously don't do CFD trading.. stick to an invest or ISA account if you do 212(you can only fund one ISA account so choose your trading platform wisely if you want to use an ISA)

BTW pro tip, if a company is not making a profit, you probably aren't either :p

Soldato

(Me) Yes, I sliced at 130% to de-risk and opened another position in my SIPP.

Both relatively small amounts in comparison to what I would usually put in to a fund or a more established company, given it's reasonably speculative.

Soldato

Find a platform and stick 60-80% in to Funds. If you want to dabble with trading read The Naked Trader (and as much other material) as you can. Funds are less exciting and a slower return but in the long run your money should work for you and they'll plug any holes any n00bish trades leave you with.

Don't invest what you can't afford to lose.

Protecting your capital (keep your losses small), having a strategy (not trading everything that moves is a good one) and managing to suppress your emotions will serve you well. Don't succumb to FOMO either.

Soldato

Some poor advice already here imo. Your pot is too small to make any manual trades or individual investing worthwhile. With £5k, even if you make a healthy 10% a year that's just £500 before fees for countless hours spent on research, books, reading, checking, following the news, etc etc. Generally for most people's portfolio sizes it is like this, and it's more of a hobby than an actual investment. You could for sure make more money just making and selling cupcakes or any other hundreds of side hustles with less risk and greater ROI. If you want it to become a hobby then the advice above has more merit, but I didn't get that gist from your post.

If, like you say, you just want to stick money away long term rather than having it sit earning 0.1% then you just want a S&S ISA and invest in funds. No fund is risk-free but index trackers are pretty unanimously recommended as being the safest, long-term investment suitable for pensions et al (or at least by Buffett, if you want to take 1 person's advice). Most funds have a £100 minimum investment so you could invest in up to 2 per month.

If I were you I would open a S&S ISA account with Hargreaves Lansdown (HL) or Vanguard, and invest in the S&P 500 and/or FTSE All Share (Accumulation). You can set up Direct Debits to both. Then forget about them (generally speaking).

Back
Top Bottom