Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Anyone in SYME?? Been top slicing my EUA profits and putting a bit of diversity in my portfolio. Got into EUA at 0.7p ish so been my best ever investment

Yep. RNS due before the end of the year regarding the first securitisation/monetisation. 200 odd in the pipeline. (30/11/2020 - due before year end, recent RNS's supporting this and other RNS's today.)

Soldato
Yep. RNS due before the end of the year regarding the first securitisation/monetisation. 200 odd in the pipeline. (30/11/2020 - due before year end, recent RNS's supporting this and other RNS's today.)

Good to see. Yep waiting on news but seems to be a money printing machine once its up an running - sometimes it makes me think I've missed something and seems too good. Oh well I've got £13k now at the current price so will see where this goes

Soldato
Good to see. Yep waiting on news but seems to be a money printing machine once its up an running - sometimes it makes me think I've missed something and seems too good. Oh well I've got £13k now at the current price so will see where this goes

Definitely seems to be well managed/orchestrated. In comparison to some other companies, the state of the News Announcements on them!

I averaged down a little lately, in hindsight we always wish we'd bought more but I'm happy with the size of my positions. Should still see some significant return (multi-bag) if/when it takes off. Not quite life changing money but will help towards my ambitious retirement target.

Caporegime
Anyone in SYME?? Been top slicing my EUA profits and putting a bit of diversity in my portfolio. Got into EUA at 0.7p ish so been my best ever investment
How does SYME work?
companies temporary offer assets as collateral , the companies still hold these assets in their own storage? and could just decide to use them? play the books and offer them up a second time?

Whats with the reverse share split? then some other company owns 75% of the shares?

seems like they had it set up 3 companies deep avard > SMYE SRL > SMYE
and now its just "not out company" but we own shares in it?

someone is covering these buttocks from potential ruin if it goes **** up?

I like how admin expenses aka my wage jumps from 130k > 700k when it makes a bit more of a profit ;)

Soldato
How does SYME work?
companies temporary offer assets as collateral , the companies still hold these assets in their own storage? and could just decide to use them? play the books and offer them up a second time?

Supply@ME enables businesses to generate cashflow, without incurring debt, by monetising their existing stock. Before a business has found an end-customer for its inventory, the Supply@ME platform enables them to sell ("monetise") their stock and receive cash immediately to boost their working capital. The Supply@ME service enables strong companies to improve their working capital cycle. SYME does not monetise inventory for companies in financial difficulty or with inventory that they are struggling to sell.

https://www.supplymecapital.com/what-we-do/

Caporegime
They been trying for 5 years or they did something else till now?
MWhTnSC.jpg

Whys not IPO avantgarde and put SYME as it's subsidiary.

CEO Alessandro Zamboni’s €91 Million Repurchase Of 100% Interest In The AvantGarde Group S.p.A.
He's sure not poor but seems fishy with the reverse split.
I'm out

ahh they arent putting up assets they don't want as collaterall, SYME actually buys them to resell.

they are basically trying to become a market place then on a blockchain.
I'm still out :p seems like a bad idea.

amazon and alibaba etc probably already do it on a big scale ;) poundshops too

Last edited:
Soldato
Some poor advice already here imo. Your pot is too small to make any manual trades or individual investing worthwhile. With £5k, even if you make a healthy 10% a year that's just £500 before fees for countless hours spent on research, books, reading, checking, following the news, etc etc. Generally for most people's portfolio sizes it is like this, and it's more of a hobby than an actual investment. You could for sure make more money just making and selling cupcakes or any other hundreds of side hustles with less risk and greater ROI. If you want it to become a hobby then the advice above has more merit, but I didn't get that gist from your post.

If, like you say, you just want to stick money away long term rather than having it sit earning 0.1% then you just want a S&S ISA and invest in funds. No fund is risk-free but index trackers are pretty unanimously recommended as being the safest, long-term investment suitable for pensions et al (or at least by Buffett, if you want to take 1 person's advice). Most funds have a £100 minimum investment so you could invest in up to 2 per month.

If I were you I would open a S&S ISA account with Hargreaves Lansdown (HL) or Vanguard, and invest in the S&P 500 and/or FTSE All Share (Accumulation). You can set up Direct Debits to both. Then forget about them (generally speaking).

Thanks for the advice, would you say £100 per month in each of these is a wise choice to get me started?

Vanguard Funds plc - FTSE All-World UCITS ETF (USD) Accumulating

Vanguard Funds plc - S&P 500 UCITS ETF USD(GBP)

Soldato
Thanks for the advice, would you say £100 per month in each of these is a wise choice to get me started?

I'm not as seasoned as some in here so pinch of salt... but I would expect your "All World" and "S&P 500" have a fair bit of overlap (as I'd expect most World funds to contain some stuff from the US). Which you may want to avoid. I think I have 2 Vanguard Funds but I went with one which was like "Global Ex-UK" (i.e. it has a range of Global stuff but specifically nothing from the UK) and then separately one for FTSE-100 (so only UK stuff). That way they aren't overlapping and I can (for example) review in the future whether the UK is doing better vs. the rest of the world and I suppose move the allocation around accordingly

Soldato

As above, try to avoid that much overlap with just two funds. You want them to be in GBP as well to avoid fees.

The S&P 500 is pretty much a defacto; it isn't as US-biased as most other national index trackers like the UK FTSE so gives you some exposure beyond the borders of America, whether that's because the companies themselves aren't US-based or they operate globally. If you're not familiar: https://www.slickcharts.com/sp500. The second fund is then your choice, and the Vanguard website does a good job of splitting these by region. With regards to my original suggestion this is the correct fund: https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/investments/vanguard-ftse-uk-all-share-index-unit-trust-gbp-acc

Over time you may wish to switch your deposits to an active fund that serves a similar purpose or exposes you to a different region/market, such as Vanguard's own funds or others (this is where HL has more choice).

Please note I'm not a professional, just a saver, so as always do your own research.

Soldato
As above, try to avoid that much overlap with just two funds. You want them to be in GBP as well to avoid fees.

The S&P 500 is pretty much a defacto; it isn't as US-biased as most other national index trackers like the UK FTSE so gives you some exposure beyond the borders of America, whether that's because the companies themselves aren't US-based or they operate globally. If you're not familiar: https://www.slickcharts.com/sp500. The second fund is then your choice, and the Vanguard website does a good job of splitting these by region. With regards to my original suggestion this is the correct fund: https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/investments/vanguard-ftse-uk-all-share-index-unit-trust-gbp-acc

Over time you may wish to switch your deposits to an active fund that serves a similar purpose or exposes you to a different region/market, such as Vanguard's own funds or others (this is where HL has more choice).

Please note I'm not a professional, just a saver, so as always do your own research.

Appreciate it, I signed up with H&L, ill go with S&P 500 for one half and do a little re-search on the another. Im basically wanting to save for my Kids futures, be it weddings or helping towards house deposit so around a 20-25 year life span for the ISA..

Soldato
Any thoughts to the Vanguard LifeStrategy 100% Equity? Would that go along with the S&P 500?

So much to learn, but thinking of putting my money into something relatively safe for a year while I research and learn more moving forward then..

Caporegime
Appreciate it, I signed up with H&L, ill go with S&P 500 for one half and do a little re-search on the another. Im basically wanting to save for my Kids futures, be it weddings or helping towards house deposit so around a 20-25 year life span for the ISA..

Any thoughts to the Vanguard LifeStrategy 100% Equity? Would that go along with the S&P 500?

So much to learn, but thinking of putting my money into something relatively safe for a year while I research and learn more moving forward then..

Monevator is probably the best UK orientated website for index investing info and guides.

Vanguard LS 100% is made up of the following underlying funds. So you already have exposure to the US with the Vanguard U.S. Equity Index Fund (19.6%) and Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (13.4%) so there wouldn't be any need for an S&P 500 fund alongside it, unless you do want additional US allocation. There are many ideas and 'rules' around asset allocation.

I personally have my daughters money in the LS 80% fund, looking at a similar time scale as you.

Caporegime

You don't need to read countless books or do hours of research in order to invest in shares and if you're lazy other people have already done in-depth research for you, they may be bias but they aren't going to be manipulating the figures.
Example Microsoft
https://www.kamilfranek.com/microsoft-annual-report-financial-overview-and-analysis/
How detailed is that.... wow look microsoft over the last 10 years changed their business model completely almost.

and there people were thinking they made all their money from windows and xbox
Microsoft reported making it's own ARM chips for servers.
yep can see that rumour making total sense based on the revenue sources they have.

IF you want to invest in a few shares your self somewhere with limited funds don't be put off, just do research it's like 10-20minutes per company a lot less if they are small.

Reading financial statements is basically a quick glance and some numbers to see if you like them year on year or not.
https://online.hbs.edu/blog/post/how-to-read-financial-statements
Never Rely on Financial statements though they don't give a revenue breakdown and show different growth/shrinkage of various revenue streams a company may have like MSFT

Every company will have a PDF on the website for investors apart from microsoft who seem to have a massive annual report instead, what a bad example...
https://www.microsoft.com/investor/reports/ar20/index.html

Most companies have a much more easier on the eyes type like
https://investors.blueprism.com/sites/blueprism-ir/files/results-deck-final.pdf

Don't invest in MSFT or PRSM, I'm not telling you to do that.

It's true most company stocks are crap, over valued and over hyped especially when they are a big name.

go look at the stock charts see how most companies jumped up like 100% after surviving the covid dip.

I doubt they will still so high throughout next year tbh, so yea it's probably not the best time to buy individual stocks.

there's always companies you can keep for life though, just in the short term they could dip 20-30% if the markets do a covid correction as things start getting back to normal

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice recovery, so they got funding a tiny bit like RR was it. Maybe taking some profit before results is a good de risk and aprox 3000 current pricing is where it went sideways previous, higher volume and possibly more supply or weakness in price there speculatively

Don't invest in MSFT or PRSM, I'm not telling you to do that.
PRSM looks interesting, MSFT I would just go with a tech fund and invest regularly over years. The correct time scale is something close to 6+ years and below thats a form of trading more speculative then investment. Price alone is distorted, check the market cap each year as I think MSFT is buying back their shares and they are able to issue debt at 1% and justify this vs a share yield thats higher; not sure if current policy

Soldato
Monevator is probably the best UK orientated website for index investing info and guides.

Vanguard LS 100% is made up of the following underlying funds. So you already have exposure to the US with the Vanguard U.S. Equity Index Fund (19.6%) and Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (13.4%) so there wouldn't be any need for an S&P 500 fund alongside it, unless you do want additional US allocation. There are many ideas and 'rules' around asset allocation.

I personally have my daughters money in the LS 80% fund, looking at a similar time scale as you.

Thank you, do you invest in more than one fund yourself or just the one?

Caporegime
PRSM looks interesting
supposed to be an industry that's going to boom in the next 6 years.
there's bigger companies doing the same with 3-4x the revenue but I don't they were listed on stock exchanges so :D
PRSM sales/retention figures are pretty much flawless though, if they can break a profit this year as planned that would be great.

there's also an ETF for robotics and automation but I don't believe it contained any companies that sell digital workers.

Back
Top Bottom