Traditional/house coal - any restrictions buying in wales?

UTT

UTT

Associate
House coal is banned in England but still for sale in Wales and Scotland

England resident and multi fuel woodburner owner not overly happy with briquettes here

Can joe public rock up at a Welsh coal merchant and buy the goods stuff without restrictions?

No need to prove address?

Soldato
I assume you're in Yorkshire from your location. Why would you want to return your county to the dark satanic mills of belching coal chimneys and TB from earlier times rather than using seasoned timber or more modern fuels. It will keep the neighbours happy and your air less contaminated.

UTT

UTT

Associate
OP
Already use seasoned wood

Last time I checked wales and Scotland had pretty clear air so if it's for them it's OK for me

I'm not feeding a coal powered power station, I'm heating my living room

Associate
Already use seasoned wood

Last time I checked wales and Scotland had pretty clear air so if it's for them it's OK for me

I'm not feeding a coal powered power station, I'm heating my living room

A coal power plant would be preferable, at least they would try to clean the emissions.

Soldato
I assume you're in Yorkshire from your location. Why would you want to return your county to the dark satanic mills of belching coal chimneys and TB from earlier times rather than using seasoned timber or more modern fuels. It will keep the neighbours happy and your air less contaminated.
Don't forget the rainbows in black and white :cry:

UTT

UTT

Associate
OP
Popped over to deeside on way home from the wirral today and picked up 6 bags of coal

Lovely big lumps of real coal

Filled the coal bunker plus some, all ready to go on the multifuel stove when it gets abit colder, probably tomorrow!

Soldato
Popped over to deeside on way home from the wirral today and picked up 6 bags of coal

Lovely big lumps of real coal

Filled the coal bunker plus some, all ready to go on the multifuel stove when it gets abit colder, probably tomorrow!

Cool, I'll be round later to pee all over your front door, I've unilaterally decided that the particular regulation/law designed to stop me doesn't apply to me.

UTT

UTT

Associate
OP
Cool, I'll be round later to pee all over your front door, I've unilaterally decided that the particular regulation/law designed to stop me doesn't apply to me.
Make sure you don't creep over any speed limit on your way over

Give me a shout when you get here

Back
Top Bottom