Traffic Rant !!!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Come in Guys & Girls & have a Rant about the state of the roads, Traffic & road works being done on major roads during a week day. :mad:

Went down South today as it's my Daughters birthday. M6 was ****** at the junction of the M1/A14 so I headed down the M1 only to find that they have Closed the M1 :eek: Yes that's right during a work day the ******** M1 is shut between Jc13 & Jc14 :eek: + :mad:
It doesn't matter where I seem to go in my car there is always ****** road works, Why the **** don't they do these road works at night ? ***** !!! ******* *** infested ******** !!! :mad:

Today was the last time I use a car for a long trip unless I have to shift stuff.

What's it like round your way ???

Man of Honour
Breath in ### and exhale ##

I find the whole driving experience quite daunting and stressful. I recall having used to enjoy driving around but there's just too many cars on the road now. People often ask me how I put up with commute to London by train each day. Quite easily.. for the reason you stated.. I can read, sleep or watch some telly or even browse the web..

Man of Honour
Honestly Huddy mate I cannot understand how people could put up with such chaos on a daily basis.

:D

I couldn't do the underground but I'm fortunate i don't have to. I work right next to Liverpool St. So 35 minutes on a train. Normally get a seat too.. Although i did have a moan yesterday. Some big woman sat on me at Stratford and my gadgets got squashed!

I certianly wouldn't swap it for the roads.. noo way!

Associate
:D

I couldn't do the underground but I'm fortunate i don't have to. I work right next to Liverpool St. So 35 minutes on a train. Normally get a seat too.. Although i did have a moan yesterday. Some big woman sat on me at Stratford and my gadgets got squashed!

Is that a euphemism :eek:

I used to let driving to and from work wind me up but have forced myself to calm down and just go with the flow - I try to leave as early as possible in the mornings and just get there when I get there.
I do sympathise though OP, the roads these days are not good for the blood-pressure.

Last edited:
Soldato
Honestly Huddy mate I cannot understand how people could put up with such chaos on a daily basis.

Leave earlier than other people.

My trip to work at 7:30 is blissful, no traffic, good speed all the way, brilliant.
Leave work early because I got in early (only by half an hour or so) and again, no traffic. Brilliant.

Roadworks, thats another story, they seem to do loads all at once..why not spread it out?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
I do sympathise though OP, the roads these days are not good for the blood-pressure.

I don't get rage whilst I drive I just light a smoke & turn the tunes up, My rant comes from going on a simple 2 hour journey that turns into a 3+ hour nightmare both ways. Then I sat here with my cuppa Tea chilling & thought how the **** do you guys that commute cope with it.
Having done the journey I did today I question the cost of motoring as to me that **** just ain't worth it, Once I've done my bike test traffic will be a non issue. :cool:

Soldato
Should have gotten the train...

:eek: to the crash though! That's happened at the start of the road works for the M1 widening and is a bit silly to drive through at night.

Back
Top Bottom