Trainee software engineer job interview tomorrow, my first interview!!

Associate
Hey guys.. So i've got my first proper "job" interview tomorrow over the phone which will last 30-40 minutes. I've graduated July in computer science and the role is as stated, trainee software engineer for a construction company. Focused more on the energy management side department. http://www.lloret.co.uk/ (energy management page (http://www.lloret.co.uk/lloret-energy-management-studio/ )

The role will focus on the development of applications used to monitor and manage building energy usage within an existing software development team. These applications are increasingly popular in a developing market for Smart buildings and Lloret want to employ the best engineering staff to help them keep at the front of this.

Interview Format:
The interview with be in a competency based format, whereby **** will ask you technical questions and give you an explanation of the role.

"Above all, be relaxed. Filip won't be attempting to catch you out but to gain a full understanding of where your knowledge currently lies. "

I'm slightly nervous, but just brushing up on my programming/web design, html,css,JS & Java. And learning more about the company. Is there any advice that could help me prepare even further. Although the recruiter makes it sound like they're a laidback company and this is entry level after all!

Thanks

TJM

TJM

Associate
Be prepared to say why you want to work at that particular company in that role.

If you are challenged during the competency section of the interview, treat it as a constructive discussion among colleagues. Do not get defensive or change your mind just because an alternative has been suggested.

Associate
OP
Be prepared to say why you want to work at that particular company in that role.

If you are challenged during the competency section of the interview, treat it as a constructive discussion among colleagues. Do not get defensive or change your mind just because an alternative has been suggested.
Thanks, will do!

Back
Top Bottom