Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iOS?

GeX

GeX

Soldato
Is anyone aware of a slick way to migrate WhatsApp, inc history / media from a Pixel 2 to iPhone 12?

Have searched around a bit and found ways of doing it from Samsung phones, or some pages suggest questionable looking apps to install.

Anyone have first hand experience of it?

Associate
Is anyone aware of a slick way to migrate WhatsApp, inc history / media from a Pixel 2 to iPhone 12?

Have searched around a bit and found ways of doing it from Samsung phones, or some pages suggest questionable looking apps to install.

Anyone have first hand experience of it?

The cloud backup saves history and media. I just log in and it downloads it all. (Android to android but would assume it's the same).

GeX

GeX

Soldato
OP
What is "the cloud" in this context though. I've used Google Drive backups for Android to Android before but not sure for jumping platform

GeX

GeX

Soldato
OP
That doesn't seem to be a thing for iOS unfortunately, I've used Android since 1.5 but am giving iOS a fair go and this is blocking me

Soldato
The cloud backup saves history and media. I just log in and it downloads it all. (Android to android but would assume it's the same).
That doesn't work for Android to iOS and vice versa.

There's no official way of doing it, there's 3rd party apps that can transfer it over but I don't really trust any of them.

Soldato
Used to be a thing but WhatsApp many moons ago switched from internal backups to gdrive and iCloud.
Both cloud services can be accessed easily on both platforms so ultimately the only thing preventing it is WhatsApp itself for some reason

Back
Top Bottom