Transporting Large TFT's

Associate
:rolleyes: I've been considering purchasing a new monitor for a while now, to be exact a 2407WFP, to replace my aging and ridiculously hefty 19" CRT.

I had a thought, though, so I decided to consult the forums etc, and here we are... but anyway.

I transport my PC to various friends houses at times for small-scale LAN party type things... My question (to anyone who does something similar and has a large TFT monitor) is How easy is it to transport one of these large monitors safely? In general are they robust, any lighter than CRT's, etc?

Sorry to ask, I'm curious and such =\

Bry

Bry

Associate
Try googling for
GearGrip Ballistic LCD Carrier
they ain't cheap but a friend recommends them

Associate
OP
I was concerned with both damage and weight, thanks, as well as general unwieldiness (sp.?). :)

Those carriers look good, thanks also =D. I normally use original packaging (obviously 'cept for my current CRT, which is a beast, and more likely to damage people/cars than the other way round... plus god only knows where the packaging is.) but they look pretty damn handy, and comparitively inexpensive when faced with a 'crack'/defacement/hideously unwarrenty-able problem with a £400 or so monitor.

I shall look into them... =)

Thanks all for replies, I've considered each and every one.

Soldato
best thing to do is get the box you bought it in, detatch it from the neck if you can and put the screen itself in the polystyrene container, if not that some bubble wrap and into the boot will do the trick.

just make sure you drive slow.

Associate
I use a Geargrip LCD carry case to transport my 19" screen. Had it for 3 years now and it's done its job well :)

A lot less bulky then having the original packaging and easier to carry with the shoulder strap and purpose built heavy duty handle.

Soldato
When transporting my 2001FP, i put the screen end into a pillow case (complete with pillow) and have the neck sticking out, put it on the passenger seat (screen facing back) and secure with the seat belt through the cable tidy hoop. Works a treat :p .

Back
Top Bottom