US: Travelers - 2016

Soldato
A little late to the party, but just finished 'Travelers' last night having watched all 3 seasons over the last week or so. I'm going to assume I don't need spoilers now as it's quite old. Stop reading now if you've not seen it yet!

Quite a good ending although, it was a little 'it was all a dream' type thing, in that in the end they just undid everything they'd done. I didn't mind this though. I didn't actually like Marcy and the David meeting up on the bus, as that wasn't the Marcy he'd fallen in love with. To me this meeting at the end meant nothing... but all in all, a good ending still.

I did enjoy it, but it surprises me it's 8.1 on IMDb. I usually think anything on IMDb over about 7.5 must be pretty special. That's not to say I wouldn't rate it maybe 7.5, but IMDb is usually a tough crowd. For me it was a little over dramatic and a little convenient at times. The episode with the wiped memory felt more like they had the ep idea and then tried to work a story into it, for example. Still, all in all, for a 3 season (32? eps?) show it's worth a watch.

Soldato
I really enjoyed Travelers - only recently binged it - a few villain of the week episodes, but rate it alongside Fringe almost.

They were hoping for another season, so it wasn't meant to be the actual end. But i thought it fit anyway, they don't get it right first, second, third time, so they reboot and start again - very interesting.

Soldato
I just read the theory that nothing changed in the future, because they were already on that timeline, which to me actually makes sense. Everything they did, lead to the future they had... because that was what they did and you can't actually change the future... if that makes sense?

Soldato
I thought they did a decent job of reaching a satisfactory conclusion.

After reading ivrytwr3's post, I suppose the writers wrote the third season so that it could serve as an ending, should they not get another. Having said that, hard for the show to move to phase two, or whatever it was called and do something with that in just one season... or; maybe they had hoped for 2 seasons, but were given just a one season deal by Netflix to reach a conclusion....

However it was, they did a good job to reach a conclusion, which is more than many shows get, particularly those on network channels.

I liked Continuum as well, which was also given a final season to reach a conclusion, after it was cut shorter than the creator had planned for.

I also really liked Colony, but that was just cancelled after the third season. Was hoping Netflix would pick it up as they did with Travelers, so some kind of conclusion could be reached; but alas, no. :(

Back
Top Bottom